Santa Clara, California /
Operations – Procurement /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We seek a Procurement Manager who will support purchasing function by developing purchasing and planning strategies in support of engineering and production requirements.
- Manage daily purchasing activities
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies
- Plans and schedules material availability for engineering and production requirements to maintain targeted inventory levels
- Support and improve ERP and procurement systems (Netsuite/SAP Concur) and processes to enhance efficiencies and user experience
- Support supplier relations (ex: contract negotiation (T’s & C’s), pricing, timelines, etc.
- Review and analyze historical spend; propose and execute initiatives to improve spend efficiency
- Support factory planning and strategic sourcing decisions (ex: price negotiation for new equipment, materials and services)
- Collaborate closely with the production, quality, finance, and engineering teams
- Establish SOPs for purchasing (inclusive of ISO 9001 requirements) and monitor effectiveness of procedures, revise and improve purchasing processes
- Measure and manage supplier cost, quality, delivery performance and compliance to contractual requirements
- Assist with other supply chain analysis and initiatives, as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain or a related field
- Experience as a Sr. buyer, Sr. materials manager, purchasing manager or in a similar position.
- Ability to implement and improve processes
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP, and purchasing software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.