Spacecraft Production Manager
Santa Clara, California /
Manufacturing – Production /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a Spacecraft Production Manager to oversee subsystem and primary spacecraft manufacturing for the Vigoride family of spacecraft. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on space-rated electronics, electromechanical assemblies, propulsion systems, advanced materials and fabrication processes, all performed in modern manufacturing and clean-room facilities.
- Serve as principal production program liaison between Manufacturing and the Program office. Collaboratively develop, execute and manage detailed manufacturing schedules, resources plans and risk mitigation strategies to ensure program delivery commitments are satisfied.
- Support periodic Program, Manufacturing and Supply Chain reviews with both written and verbal status reports.
- With Supply Chain, drive development of Manufacturing Bills of Materials, materials program planning, vendor and materials management.
- Direct and oversee the tasks of production planning, technician, Engineering and related support personnel assigned to individual programs and spacecraft systems. Hold regular status meetings, and update assignments accordingly.
- Engage and proactively manage priorities with other departments (Supply Chain, Logistics, Facilities, Engineering, EH&S, IT, etc) to ensure that all support functions related to ongoing production activities are fully resourced and accountable to program commitments.
- Collaborate with other Production Managers and Planners to develop, manage and communicate enterprise-wide build schedules, resource capacity and demand plans.
- Contribute to the definition, deployment and successful operation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years’ experience in SolidWorks, AutoCAD or similar CAD tools
- Expertise with MS Office products, including MS Project and Visio
- Ability to work independently, plan work, manage competing priorities, and direct the work of others.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and data gathering skills.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel between production sites (within US), up to 25-50%.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- PLM, MES and related product lifecycle and manufacturing management tools
- 3+ years planning and executing manufacturing within spacecraft clean-room environments
- Experience with aerospace Quality standards and best practices (AS9100, etc)
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ work experience of increasing responsibility in advanced manufacturing, low-rate production or system maintenance within the aerospace, automotive, medical device, or renewable energy industries
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.