Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Manufacturing Engineering /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support subsystem and primary spacecraft manufacturing for the Vigoride family of spacecraft. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on space-rated electronics, electromechanical assemblies, propulsion systems, advanced materials and fabrication processes, all performed in modern manufacturing and clean-room facilities.
- Serve as principal technical liaison between the Manufacturing organization and the spacecraft systems design groups; collaborate to identify, disposition and continuously implement product improvements that enhance efficiency, improves yields and reduces program costs.
- Serve as principal technical operations lead in the production environment; proactively evaluate and adjudicate spacecraft performance, integration and testing issues that may arise in a production environment.
- Serve as principal author and manager for manufacturing, assembly, integration, and test workflows across a variety of spacecraft systems; develop process specs, work instructions, routers and related documentation.
- Serve as principal process owner and evangelist for New Product Introduction processes that enable smooth and efficient transition of new design, features and product lines into the production environment; facilitate definition of key entry criteria, review development artifacts, and convene regular readiness reviews to ensure transition plans are being followed.
- Develop training, certification, and related industry standards needed to ensure reliable and timely execution of all work.
- Serve as principal design authority for definition and development of ground support equipment related to manufacturing, testing and launch operations.
- Collaborate with Production Managers to plan, oversee and measure production workforce activities and performance.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineers to identify performance issues or other non-conformances are identified and quickly resolves through corrective action processes.
- Contribute to the definition, deployment and successful operation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solutions
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in SolidWorks, AutoCAD or similar CAD tools
- Strong skills with MS Office products, including MS Project and Visio
- Ability to work independently, plan work, manage competing priorities, and direct the work of others.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and data gathering skills.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel between production sites (within US), up to 25-50%.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with PLM, MES and related product lifecycle and manufacturing management tools
- 3+ years planning and executing manufacturing within spacecraft clean-room environments
- Experience with aerospace Quality standards and best practices (AS9100, etc)
Education & Work Experience:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ work experience in advanced manufacturing, low-rate production or system maintenance within the aerospace, automotive, medical device, or renewable energy industries
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.