Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Engineer /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
- Design and develop digital logic IP cores (serial interface blocks, timing blocks, state machines, control algorithms, digital signal processing algorithms, etc.) for FPGAs using Verilog and/or VHDL
- Design and develop interfaces between FPGAs and off-chip peripherals
- Setup simulations and test benches to validate IP core functionality
- Debug FPGA designs on hardware in a lab setting
- Assist in the bring-up and debugging of PCBAs with FPGAs
- Assist in selecting appropriate FPGA components for new PCBA designs
- BS in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- 3+ years of experience with FPGA development
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Fluent in VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado or Microsemi Libero
- Familiar with FPGA place and route, timing analysis, resource analysis, and synthesis
- Experience with high-speed digital interfaces including SPI, I2C, CAN, LVDS, Ethernet, USB, and parallel memory interfaces
- Experience with microprocessors and microcontrollers
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with embedded C/C++ development
- Experience with soft-core processors
- Hands-on debugging skills such as using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.