Lead Materials Specialist
Santa Clara, California /
Operations – Procurement /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are looking for a Lead Materials Specialist who can manage materials flow for stockroom/portable storage and manage shipping/receiving functions.
- Maintain Inventory
- Organize and maintain inventory and stock control
- Manage the flow of material in support of engineering/manufacturing
- Purchase or work with procurement team to purchase items to replenish inventory
- Physical storage, min/max stocking, labeling, materials staging, and cycle counting
- Measure Performance
- Recruit and train warehouse employees
- Monitor performance and further training of warehouse associates
- Track performance of the warehouse overall to ensure smooth operation
- Physical receipt of all tangible items
- Facilitate shipment of all tangible items
- Communicate with Customers
- Communicate with customers if there are any shipment issues and work to resolve to ensure orders are fulfilled
- Assist with Administrative Tasks
- Prepare and process all paperwork relating to the shipping of orders for customers as well as processing invoices for each delivery.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires HS Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 Years Experience in Receiving, Stockroom (Inventory Control) and Shipping
- Proficient and certified in the handling of Hazardous Materials (Receipt, Store, Issue and Ship)
- Experience in preparation, packaging and shipments of products to customers
- ERP experience (Minimum 3 years)
- Proficient with MS Office
- In possession of a valid driving license
- Ability to function and operate a forklift and other machinery related to this position
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle an environment that is fast paced with a heavy workload
- Ability to lift minimum 50lbs.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with a multitude of personnel
- Ability to work overtime if requested
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- APICS Certification
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.