Santa Clara, California /
Structural Analyst /
The Structural Analyst will participate in the mechanical and structural design of flight hardware and will follow programs through execution of assembly, integration, and test. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapting to new challenges.
- Structural analysis of the spacecraft at the unit-level and system level using hand calcs and finite element analysis.
- Providing recommendations to mechanical design team to improve the spacecraft design for better environments.
- Generation of structural test specifications for components and for customer payloads.
- Conduct mechanical testing of systems and components including vibration testing, static load testing, and shock testing.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience with dynamics analysis using Femap/Nastran or similar finite element analysis software.
- Deep understanding of structural dynamics (modal analysis, resonance, damping, and random vibration).
- Familiarity with the launch environment and space environment and how it affects mechanical hardware.
- Familiarity with material selection.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience defining requirements for mechanical systems and components.
- Experience analyzing and testing space hardware with demonstrated on-orbit success.
- Deep understanding of spacecraft structural loads (quasi-static loads, random vibration, shock, thermo-mechanical)
- Familiarity with Coupled Loads Analysis
- Experience running vibration and shock testing.
Education & Work Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics plus 2-8 years relevant experience.
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.