Monad’s mission is to effect real change in the security space by empowering humans with the tools they need to solve the thorniest cybersecurity problems.
As a remote company, Monad thrives on collaboration, teamwork, and a transparent environment of proactive communication and responsiveness. We are a company made up of humans, and value and respect both our professional and personal spaces. Family, health, and general well-being are key values.
We make security data accessible to regular humans. Join our team and help build this transformative data platform!
About the Role:
Do you want to help build the technical foundation of an early stage engineer-focused company? Do you understand the complexities and challenges of big data, cloud microservices, and building a modern scalable platform?
As a Backend Engineer, you will work on creating and scaling our cloud security data platform. You will collaborate closely with the rest of the engineering team on building critical functionality and services by developing internal and external APIs that enable interacting with security data. You will develop code against security product APIs to analyze and integrate data from them to our product.
Monad is headquartered In San Francisco, but we work in a fully remote environment. Our team is currently distributed across the US, Europe, and Australia. #LI-Remote
Salary Range - $70K-$90K annually, Remote Europe
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Monad considers factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, and internal equity, as well as location, market and business considerations when extending an offer. As part of our total rewards package, Monad offers comprehensive benefits including a 401k plan, health benefits, generous PTO and emotional health resources.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing scalable and performant APIs and services to power our systemsDeveloping code to call security product APIs, model the returned data and ingest it to our platform
- Brainstorming and evaluating new product features and technologies
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, discussing architecture and reviewing code
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Technical documentation is a core feature of our development work, both for internal and external use
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 3+ years of experience in working on backend software platforms
- Experience developing in Python or similar language
- Familiarity with databases, data warehouses, and their contrasting functionality
- Ability to build robust code to process data from APIs
- Experience in AWS is desirable but any knowledge of cloud services is recommended
- Favor collaboration over isolation
- Excitement for working on the early stages of a product
- Interest in cybersecurity is a plus although no experience needed
Technologies you will be exposed to:
- Flex vacation
- Fully Remote
Benefits will evolve over time. If you have recommendations, please let us know!