San Francisco, CA /
Monad’s mission is to effect real change in the security space by empowering humans with the tools they need to solve the thorniest cybersecurity problems.
As a remote company, Monad thrives on collaboration, teamwork, and a transparent environment of proactive communication and responsiveness. We are a company made up of humans, and value and respect both our professional and personal spaces. Family, health, and general well-being are key values.
We make security data accessible to regular humans. Join our team and help build this transformative data platform!
About the role:
Companies trust us with their security data. It’s up to us to think about novel ways to help them gain insight from their data.
As a Security Engineer, you will be responsible for improving Monad’s internal security as well as our customers' sensitive information. As you can imagine, we hold vulnerability data for companies, which provides a huge motivation for malicious actors. You will be responsible for using monad’s product internally and providing feedback to the development teams.
We highly value proactive vs reactive security work and ingrain that in all of our security programs. We’ll rely on you to improve our, and our customers' security postures.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Internal use and testing of the Monad product
- Identifying potential security gaps in existing application infrastructure and remediating them
- Defining security configurations for endpoint, network, cloud, etc
- Monitoring threats and vulnerabilities impacting Monad's product; triage reported vulnerabilities, identify mitigations and assess/communicate associated risk
- Technical documentation is a core feature of our development work, both for internal and external use.
We're looking for teammates who have:
- At least 5 years of experience in a related role
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, and Python
- Experience managing and remediating vulnerabilities
- Expertise applying security principles to cloud-native environments (AWS, containerization, Kubernetes)
- Motivation, initiative, and who are strong individual contributors
- Excitement for working on the early stages of a product
Technologies you'll be exposed to:
- Flex vacation
- Fully Remote
Benefits will evolve over time. If you have recommendations, please let us know!