US Remote /
Cybersecurity is one of the hardest problems facing humanity this decade. We believe that in order to solve this problem, organizations need a unifying layer to connect the security tools that protect their teams, customers and data. When those tools are connected, their value is compounded.
At Monad, our mission is to build this connecting layer. We seek to make every tool shine, and to help organizations maximize the value of the technology they need to protect their teams, customers and data.
As a remote company, Monad thrives on collaboration, teamwork, and a transparent environment of proactive communication and responsiveness. We value and respect both our professional and personal spaces. Family, health, and general well-being are our key values.
About the Role:
Do you want to help build the technical foundation of an early stage engineer-focused company? Do you understand the complexities and challenges of big data, cloud microservices, and building a modern scalable platform?
As a Technical Lead, you will work on creating and scaling our cloud security data platform. You will have a combination of hands-on technical expertise and be able to inspire, motivate, and technically lead a team of software engineers.
You will be able to manage projects, including defining project scope, developing project plans, and ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget. We have a highly collaborative environment where you will be able to build and maintain positive relationships with engineering teams, our Co-founders and stakeholders. Our technical leader will be committed to continuous learning and adaptable to new ideas and approaches.
Monad is headquartered In San Francisco, but we work in a fully remote environment. Our team is currently distributed across the US, Europe, and Australia. #LI-Remote
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of software engineers writing scalable and performant APIs and services to power our systems; developing user interfaces and reusable UI components
- Hands on development contributing to Monad’s codebase
- Brainstorming and evaluating new product features and technologies
- Collaborate closely with team members, discussing architecture and reviewing code
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
We're looking for a hands on technical technical leader who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or any related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer or similar role
- 2+ years of experience as a technical leader
- A deep understanding of software development methodologies, programming languages, and technology platforms
- Hands on programming in languages like Java and Python
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Knowledge of code versioning tools and databases
- Knowledge of latest technologies and industry trends
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to make rational decisions
- Highly motivated and willing to learn new technologies
- Good organizational skills
Technologies you will be exposed to:
- AWS Redshift
- A variety of Cybersecurity tools
$150,000 - $200,000 a year
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Monad considers factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, and internal equity, as well as location, market and business considerations when extending an offer. As part of our total rewards package, Monad offers comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Vacation, Fully Remote and 401K.
- Flex vacation
- Fully Remote
Benefits will evolve over time. If you have recommendations, please let us know!