Software Engineer - Growth
Finances are one of the major sources of stress in American households, and nine out of ten Americans say nothing would make them feel more confident than having their personal finances in order. At Monarch we are building the most comprehensive personal finance platform to help people improve their financial lives and achieve their goals.
Monarch came out of private beta in early 2021. Since that time we have quickly became one of the premier ways to manage your financial life. Customers love the product and we have seen rapid, organic growth. Our users say that Monarch helps them feel more confident in their finances, and more confident in their financial future.
Our founding team consists of product-driven, serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits. Additionally, our CEO was one of the original creators of Mint.com and has a unique perspective on what is needed to meet consumers' needs in this market.
We are passionate about building a company, product and brand that both customers and employees love. We are well-funded by top venture firms and angel investors.
We founded the company as a fully-remote team (pre Covid!) and are open to applicants that live within a 5 hour time zone difference of US Pacific Time.
Monarch Money is seeking a Software Engineer with a focus on growth and activation. In this role, you will be responsible for technical and product changes that help with new user acquisition, onboarding, and activation. This is a dynamic role, requiring a mix of technical prowess, product intuition, strategic thinking, customer empathy, and comfort with business and product metrics.
We are flexible on seniority for this role. Ideally, you have 3+ years of experience, but if you think you fit the requirements below and have fewer years, please reach out.
- As one of our first Growth Engineers, you will work on technical efforts to acquire and onboard users, and convert them to paying subscribers.
- You will collaborate with company leadership, and cross-functionally with the Product, Marketing, Design, and Data Science teams.
- You will analyze data and user behavior to identify trends, pain points, and ideas for opportunities to improve the initial user experience.
- You're comfortable doing deep technical / product work (eg building new features, etc) as well as identifying low-hanging fruit that can improve user experience and key metrics.
- You are a technically-proficient generalist, able to work on front-end, back-end, or integrations with external APIs.
- You can work with Python and/or Typescript (or are willing/able to learn).
- You are a strong systems thinker, and are familiar with product/growth funnels.
- You are comfortable with funnel, conversion, and engagement metrics, including multivariate testing.
- You have excellent product intuition, and are comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative data.
- You love to move the needle on core business metrics, though both quick experiments and longer-term initiatives.
- [Optional] You have worked on growth, onboarding, and activation for consumer products at scale.
- Work wherever you want! As a fully remote company with no central office, we want you to work wherever you are happiest and most productive. Whether that’s out of your home, a co-working space, or elsewhere.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation in a hyper growth, early stage company 🚀.
- Stipend to set-up your ideal working environment.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits (Full time US only).
- 401k (US only).
- Unlimited PTO.
- 3 day weekend every month! We take off the “First Friday” every month to focus on rest, recuperation, or just having fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.