Senior Product Engineer
Finances are one of the major sources of stress in American households, and nine out of ten Americans say nothing would make them feel more confident than having their personal finances in order. At Monarch we are building the most comprehensive personal finance platform to help people improve their financial lives and achieve their goals.
Monarch came out of private beta in early 2021. Since that time we have quickly became one of the premier ways to manage your financial life. Customers love the product and we have seen rapid, organic growth. Our users say that Monarch helps them feel more confident in their finances, and more confident in their financial future.
Our founding team consists of product-driven, serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits. Additionally, our CEO was one of the original creators of Mint.com and has a unique perspective on what is needed to meet consumers' needs in this market.
We are passionate about building a company, product and brand that both customers and employees love. We are well-funded by top venture firms and angel investors.
We founded the company as a fully-remote team (pre Covid!) and are open to applicants that live within a 5 hour time zone difference of US Pacific Time.
- As one of our first full-stack engineers, you will play a critical role in growing and evolving our web and mobile app.
- You will be more than just a software craftsperson; you will also be a thought partner in building a product, company, and culture we are proud of.
- You will have significant input into the processes, rituals, and tools we use in order to create a high performing engineering team.
- You will typically work with a lot of autonomy, and be expected to "own" the full implementation of whatever you work on.
- You consider yourself a "product-centric" engineer and take pride in building something people love. You are opinionated about the user experience.
- You enjoy and strive when given autonomy and independence, and are comfortable with ambiguity and simplifying complex problems.
- You have 3+ years experience in full-stack development with some combination of Python, Django, React, React Native, iOS and Android development.
- You have superb written and verbal communication skills.
- You are familiar with best practices in engineering, architecture, security, and design for both web and mobile apps, and can help build scalable, fault-tolerant products.
- You have (or want) experience with early-stage company best practices including rapid iteration with robust metrics and qualitative user feedback.
- Nice to have: Experience building APIs with Django Rest Framework
- Nice to have: Experience working in a financial technology company (accounting, investing, banking, etc)
- Nice to have: Experience working in a remote-first culture
- Work wherever you want! As a fully remote company with no central office, we want you to work wherever you are happiest and most productive. Whether that’s out of your home, a co-working space, or elsewhere.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation in a hyper growth, early stage company 🚀.
- Stipend to set-up your ideal working environment.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits (Full time US only).
- 401k (US only).
- Unlimited PTO.
- 3 day weekend every month! We take off the “First Friday” every month to focus on rest, recuperation, or just having fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.