Principal Software Engineer - DevOps
Finances are one of the major sources of stress in American households, and nine out of ten Americans say nothing would make them feel more confident than having their personal finances in order. At Monarch we are building the most comprehensive personal finance platform to help people improve their financial lives and achieve their goals.
Monarch came out of private beta in early 2021. Since that time we have quickly became one of the premier ways to manage your financial life. Customers love the product and we have seen rapid, organic growth. Our users say that Monarch helps them feel more confident in their finances, and more confident in their financial future.
Our founding team consists of product-driven, serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits. Additionally, our CEO was one of the original creators of Mint.com and has a unique perspective on what is needed to meet consumers' needs in this market.
We are passionate about building a company, product and brand that both customers and employees love. We are well-funded by top venture firms and angel investors.
We founded the company as a fully-remote team (pre Covid!) and are open to applicants that live within a 5 hour time zone difference of US Pacific Time.
- As our first platform/infrastructure-focused engineer, you will lead our technical efforts as we grow our user base (and potentially our team) across several orders of magnitude.
- You enjoy helping other engineers be more productive, whether that is through setting up a scalable/reliable production environment, a developer-friendly local development environment, or through coaching and mentoring.
- You don't mind diving deep into infrastructure and build layers, while still keeping an eye on the big picture.
- You will have significant input into the processes, rituals, and tools we use in order to create a high performing engineering team.
- You will typically work with a lot of autonomy, and be expected to "own" the full implementation of whatever you work on.
- You have experience with building/scaling production environments for high-scale internet products.
- You have experience with setting up development environments that scale across dozens of engineers.
- You are familiar with or interested in concepts like CI/CD, continuous deployment, infrastructure-as-code, etc.
- You are comfortable ensuring the security of our code and production environments.
- [Optional] You have experience with security compliance, e.g. SOC 2.
- You don't have to tick all the technology boxes, but they're definitely an added benefit
- Online data services (PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Offline data services (job queues, batch/stream processing).
- Python web apps (Django, wSGI), environments and their environments (pip).
- React and React Native applications and their environments (e.g. yarn, lerna, babel, Typescript)
- Work wherever you want! As a fully remote company with no central office, we want you to work wherever you are happiest and most productive. Whether that’s out of your home, a co-working space, or elsewhere.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation in a hyper growth, early stage company 🚀.
- Stipend to set-up your ideal working environment.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits (Full time US only).
- 401k (US only).
- Unlimited PTO.
- 3 day weekend every month! We take off the “First Friday” every month to focus on rest, recuperation, or just having fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.