Customer Experience Team Lead - Contractor
Nine out of ten Americans say nothing would make them feel more confident than having their personal finances in order. We are building the most comprehensive personal finance platform to help people improve their financial lives and achieve their goals.
The founding team consists of product-driven, serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits. Additionally, our CEO was one of the original creators of Mint.com and has a unique perspective on what is needed to meet consumers' needs in this market.
We are passionate about building a company, product and brand that both customers and employees love. We are seed funded by a top venture firm and a handful of prominent angels, with a healthy financial runway.
We have been a fully-distributed team since our founding and are open to remote applicants that live within a 3 hour time zone difference of US Pacific Time.
This is a part time contract position that can turn into a full time employee position as we grow. We are currently looking for someone who can work ~20 hours a week.
- As the first member of our Customer Experience team you will have the opportunity to build and scale the team, processes and messaging from the ground up as our company grows.
- First point of contact for answering customer questions via Zendesk and helping them to quickly resolve issues.
- Responsible for educating customers on how the product works. Identifying common questions and updating help documentation with content and gifs.
- Responsible for escalating issues to other teams and sharing trends in contact reasons and customer feedback to the company.
- Typically work with a lot of autonomy, and be expected to "own" the full implementation of whatever you own.
- Since you’re our first support employee, we’re looking for someone we can depend on to solve customers problems from start to finish. Many tickets are the first of their kind, so it’s up to you to proactively communicate with customers and follow through on resolutions.
- Ability to empathize with customers and understand their “why”. Personal finances are personal and we are here to support and partner with our customers as they use our product.
- 3+ years of customer service management experience
- Previous customer service experience in an office environment, preferably helping customers via chat and email
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting while maintaining attention to detail
- Weekend availability and flexible schedule.
- Experience using Zendesk in a customer support capacity
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both internally and externally
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Have (or want) experience with early-stage company best practices including rapid iteration with robust metrics and qualitative user feedback.
- Nice to have: Experience working in a remote-first culture
- Nice to have: Familiarity and interest in personal finance tools and concepts
- Nice to have: Familiarity with early stage companies and beta products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.