Junior QA Engineer
Product & Engineering – QA /
We are looking for a QA engineer to join our team, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You will be working with a high calibre team to continuously develop new products/features.
What You’ll Do
- Review technical and business requirements (incl. acceptance criteria) and design robust & reusable test scenarios.
- Manage the execution of test scenarios and report results, capturing run & amp; key metrics overtime.
- Design and implement strategic level QA documentation/frameworks for the Cloud Apps workstream.
- Integrate Cloud Apps test scenarios with the overall test & automation strategy.
- Design and execute testing for complex features as required.
- Act as a point of contact for QA issues that arise during testing of the Cloud Apps workstream.
- Support the organisational shift towards continuous testing delivery (incl. implementing automated testing frameworks).
- Analyse live issues with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Assess feature suitability for test automation (incl. unit tests for developers & amp; API integration tests)
- Configuration and set-up of test tools including the integration of automated regression suite with CI/CD pipeline tools.
- Log, prioritise & track bugs to completion.
- Maintaining documentation related to the QA stream.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships, working closely with other teams to ensure issues are progressed.
- Collaborate across the wider team, predominantly with the development, product & amp; UX teams.
- Support other QA workstreams (e.g. Mobile & amp; Platform) with test execution during busy periods.
- Attending daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement sessions & retrospectives as required.
- As a key member of the QA team you’ll help ensure the quality of products and improve existing QA processes. Reporting into the QA lead.
Who You Are
- Collaborative, keen to mentor & share ideas.
- Shares experiences with others to assist their learning and understanding.
- Analytical and critical thinking mindset.
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges.
- Strong organisation and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Someone who is interested in fintech, and excited to change how people in the UK save and invest.
- Passionate about all things mobile and apps.
- Up to date with the latest developments with technology and QA.
- Comfortable working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Pragmatic when raising bugs and understand the difference between - quality and meeting release deadlines.
Experience & Skills
- 1-2 years QA experience with a broad knowledge of best practices is essential.
- Demonstrable test framework implementations on more than one tech stack.
- Deep understanding of SQL, jQuery, XML, REST/JSON).
- Deep understanding of web, API & database testing technologies and frameworks.
- Experience in test data design and implementation strategies.
- Experience with API test framework design for legacy back-end systems.
- Experience coaching junior members of a QA team.
- Experience of Agile Scrum, Kanban & behavioural-driven development (BDD).
- Experience of build pipelines using common CI/CD and SCM tools (e.g. GIT, Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Experience with automated testing incl. compatibility & performance testing an advantage.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company Share options
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com