Junior Product Designer ( Home Buying)
Product & Engineering – Product Design (UX/UI) /
We’re looking for a talented Junior Product Designer to join our Home-Buying team and help shape the vision of our product experience. The successful candidate will be embedded within a cross functional mission team, focused on our Home-Buying products.
Our mission is to help everyone to save and invest for their future, and a part of this mission is to help people on their home buying journey. We’re already helping hundreds of thousands of people save for their first home with our Lifetime ISA account. So far, we’ve helped customers buy over £100m worth of property through our LISAs, and therefore launching more products to help people on the next step in their home buying journey is a natural extension of our overall mission. You will help our customers on their home buying journey - from their first step to their doorstep.
You must have 1-2 years of experience, a portfolio demonstrating your UX design process and visual design of digital products and features for native apps or web. You should have an interest in technology, an eye for detail and a desire to learn on the go and think on your feet. Having illustration skills is desirable but not essential.
All applications to include a copy/link to your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Full stack product design, you will support the lead designer with all aspects of the user experience
- Work directly with the product team to understand the user base, business needs and related requirements
- Gain a deep understanding of the Moneybox products and app
- Help in the conception and creation of initiatives to achieve business targets & goals
- Utilize your full range of UX design skills
- Continuously deliver design iterations in order to achieve the best experience
- You’ll create prototypes and user flows to share with the wider team
- Evaluate UI/UX design throughout the development cycle and support the development team where required
- Create assets for campaigns and in-app content
- Use a combination of data and customer feedback to refine and optimise screens, processes and micro-interactions
- You’ll be a part of the wider Moneybox design team and participate in design reviews
Who you are
- A driven designer with 1-2 years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design in digital including experience in mobile and app
- Possess a portfolio full of beautiful, well thought out interface work that showcases your flair and attention-to-detail. Include examples of mobile and app products you have worked on (iOS and Android) – if you have them
- Familiar with each stage of the design UX/UI design process (eg: process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, research, interaction design, visual design, prototyping)
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- Eager to deliver impeccable visual designs
- Quick learner, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt and convey your ideas and thought process
- You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, with support from your fellow designers
- What drives you is delivering great experiences and solving problems
- Love showing your work often because it’s how you improve
- Has an interest in the FinTech industry
- Passionate about helping people save and invest for their future
- Aren’t afraid to speak your mind. At Moneybox we actively encourage you to challenge everything!
- 1-2 years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design
- A portfolio of work containing examples of both UX, UI and native applications
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Abstract, Figma, Marvel, Adobe CC Suite etc)
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup.
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Company Share options.
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events.
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com