Monte Carlo is growing its Sales Engineering team to accelerate our rapid growth. As a Sales Engineer, you will be a key member of the Monte Carlo sales engine and will be responsible for providing excellent technical guidance and support to the sales team. This includes delivering demos and successful proofs of concept, positioning the platform to technical and non-technical stakeholders and executives, technical solutioning, advocating cross-functionally for the customer’s needs, and creating content to scale your work. This role can be located anywhere in the United States.
What gets you excited
- Evangelizing a category with enormous potential. You’ll be an early member of the go-to-market team that’s changing the data industry.
- Startup environments. A high degree of ownership and appetite for ambiguity are critical. We don’t have a lot of answers - go find them.
- Being part of a high-performing team. We hold ourselves to a high bar and set ambitious goals.
- Traveling to customer sites up to 25% of the time
What gets us excited
- 3+ years of experience in Sales, Sales Engineering, or Customer Success for a technical product. Experience with a data product preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in an early stage company or highly ambiguous environment.
- High degree of ownership. A relentless desire to solve customer problems and chase down answers.
- Technical acumen to understand and explain complex architecture.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work with different sales people, and support other SEs where needed.
- Firm understanding of at least some of the following: cloud data warehousing, data lakes, ETL concepts and workflows, BI solutions, and SQL.
Monte Carlo has raised over $100M in funding from Accel, GGV, Redpoint, ICONIQ, and Salesforce Ventures - many of the same investors in incredible companies like Snowflake, Looker, and Segment. We’ve been named by Inc Magazine as one of the Best Workplaces for 2021, one of the 46 most promising startups of 2021 according to top VC’s and one of the 100 Hottest SaaS startups of 2021 by CRN.com.