Finance / Administration – Business Intelligence
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
As a member of the Revenue Analytics team, you will work with other analysts in our London and Boston offices to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing and sales efforts, discover new revenue opportunities, and keep the organization prepared for emerging challenges. As a thought partner to our revenue leaders, you will actively contribute to achieving our goals through analysis, consultation and experimentation.
This role will report to the Head of Revenue Analytics and will be based in Boston; occasional overseas travel may be required.
While maintaining a customer-centric approach, the successful candidate will contribute to MOO’s profitability and growth initiatives through results-oriented analysis and putting ideas into action.
Supporting business stakeholders and the wider Business Insights team you will:
- Provide data-driven insight and analysis to reveal patterns, problems and areas of opportunity
- Act as a thought partner helping business stakeholders understand opportunities and risks, and how to evaluate them
- Seek new ways to improve our performance through the application of sound analysis
- Help to mitigate risk and accelerate change by conducting and analyzing tests, and diving deep into our historical data
- Contribute to cross-functional discussion and discovery of opportunities, collaborating on large projects when appropriate
- Work with business stakeholders to understand their objectives, plan relevant analyses and convey complex findings in a way that makes them accessible to non-technical colleagues
We are seeking an experienced analyst capable of carrying out projects with minimal oversight in close collaboration with key stakeholders. Additional qualifications include:
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Integrate with the CRM marketing teams to “live and breathe” their goals and objectives
- Experience working with large data sets including data cleansing and validation
- Excellent computer skills (advanced excel and planning/forecasting tools), the ideal candidate will have data mining, data visualization and SQL capabilities
- The ability to manage projects from multiple stakeholders with shifting priorities
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a quantitative major, Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an analytic role
- Prior experience supporting and measuring the effectiveness of returning customer marketing effectiveness
- Hands on knowledge of modeling returning customer behavior and lifetime profit at the individual level
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make enough space for a fulfilling home life too).
That’s why we offer 23 days’ PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, paid parental leave and we’ll cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. We’ll also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.