Brand & Communications – Creative
Perm - Full-time
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
Here at MOO, we believe that design works wonders, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic a self-motivated Artworker to work on everything from image retouching, emails, typesetting and advertising across print and digital. This is a role within our Creative team and will help to support our creative artworking team as we grow the business and add new product launches.
You will need to be consistently accurate with impeccable attention to detail and be a clear and confident communicator. You will report to the Head of Design in our Boston office.
- Creation of technically correct artwork, implementing brand guidelines and styles to layouts.
- Creation of print (and digital) ready artwork.
- Provide assistance on-set in the photo studio. Ability to comment on work on-set, in terms of how it relates to artworking/retouching.
- Ability to take creative direction from the team to bring design concepts to life.
- Provide help with image sourcing.
- Support the Creative Team in day-to-day activities to ensure projects are to brief and on time.
- General studio housekeeping, such as filing, archiving and process management.
- Leading/ mentoring fellow artworkers on projects when necessary.
- Ability to work with other teams in the business such as development, marketing and customer service teams.
- Adept at learning new skills and internal systems.
- Industry experience in an artworking role (agency or in-house) or relevant design qualification.
- Pro working knowledge of the Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Strong retouching skills - able to amend and correct images to the highest standard.
- Strong digital production knowledge and understanding of image constraints for web - optimization, compression etc.
- An appreciation of creative standards (strong layout, typographic and visualising skills bring you to the front of the line).
- Ability to be a brand guardian and adhere to branding style guides and a willingness to understand how to use pattern libraries to create pages.
- A commercial sensitivity so you can understand what the page’s goal is, and be able to select imagery to support these goals.
- High-quality crafting and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver against tight and complex timelines.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities.
- Works collaboratively and is willing to learn.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Stress resistant and confident.
- Dedicated and passionate
- Self-motivated and a team player
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of 3D applications, Sketch, HMTL5 and animation software
MOO WHO?We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO? MOO’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make enough space for a fulfilling home life too).
That’s why we offer 23 days’ PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, MOO stock option program, paid parental leave and we’ll cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. We’ll also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.