Head of Supply Chain & Logistics
Manufacturing – Supply Chain /
Perm - Full-time
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
As the Head of Supply Chain and Logistics you will oversee management of the global supply chain team, including planning, procurement and logistics.
Key outcomes of the role are to impact on all the following areas:
· Reduce Inventory
· Increase Supplier Performance, both internal and external
· Drive cost saving initiatives
· Increase customer on time deliveries
You will be responsible for developing cohesive forecasting, order and inventory management, production planning, cost allocation efficiency, warehouse, logistics and transportation operations focused on delivering operational excellence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Partner with internal stakeholders and other functional leaders to define, develop and drive key business priorities to support MOO strategies and goals
· Support leadership team in engaging on strategic topics and developing executive level presentation materials
· Optimize global supply chain performance through cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking. Develop deep understanding of value added manufacturing process and costs, logistics, market intelligence, and apply knowledge to include MOO future product road-map and sourcing decisions
· Awareness of industry and competitor behaviour trends that can impact MOO
· Develop deep understanding of the MOO operating model, processes and systems that support business execution, identify needs and opportunities for improvement. Recommend strategies and changes in priorities to achieve business goals
· Own the S&OP process for the business. Taking business top line revenue figures and converting into material and labour planning forecasts.
· Identify key risk areas, guide and execute analysis, develop conclusions and present findings to cross functional leaders
· Develop, grow and lead the global supply chain strategy, ensuring projects are on track, monitor manufacturing costs and make recommendations to avoid impact to business goals
· Establish global performance measurements and reports for use across the corporation to ensure optimal inventory levels at each stocking locations
· Subject Matter Expert in Last Mile Logistics in UK and Europe. Experience defining and establishing a cohesive In-bound freight and cross Geo logistics solution.
· Own the MOO.com customer SLA, including all tracking and reporting
· Keep up to date on customer expectations and new trends emerging in the shipping world
· Run QBRs with all key suppliers (UK and US) to discuss performance and future developments
· Responsible for all shipping costs and budget planning for materials and logistics
· Mentor and coach team members and provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
· Successful experience in complex manufacturing operations across multiple sites; to include international
· Significant experience in managing direct to consumer logistics and multi national carriers
· Technical knowledge of logistics, purchasing, materials management and sales operations
· Deep understanding of customs and duties for both inbound supply chain and outbound customer deliveries, including how Brexit can impact these
· Aptitude to engage personally and conduct financial and operational modelling, write executive level presentations and manage projects directly
· Comfortable working in a small team with a hands on approach to workload
· Superb relationship building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to analyze and provide guidance on strategic initiatives and operationalise key strategic goals
· Strong negotiation skills; must have experience developing and administering service level agreements with third party fulfillment partners and material suppliers
· Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
· Proven motivational leader with excellent managerial skills and strong interest in developing team members
· Must have in depth knowledge of e-commerce workflows and how they interface with manufacturing and warehouse systems
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.