Technology – Engineering
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
Our Engineering Managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests. They typically work alongside the engineers to provide general technical direction and oversight. As managers, our job is to help keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Your primary responsibility is to the people on your teams: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work on improvements that span across the multi-disciplinary product & technology organisation.
What you'll do
- Mentor, coach and guide the professional, technical and personal development of a group of 10+ engineers.
- Foster teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognise the individual strengths and contributions
- Work with the engineers to advocate and advance modern software development practices in the teams you work directly with as well as across MOO.
- Enable tech leads through coaching, and partner effectively with product, UX design and agile delivery to ensure appropriate balance of technical priorities. Help teams focus on delivering solutions, built the right way, and to bring delight to our customers.
- Help teams to maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact products and shipping things quickly.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the code, architecture and processes.
- Work closely with the talent team to attract, hire, onboard and retain high potential team members from diverse backgrounds.
- You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring 6+ engineers and delivering working software.
- You love developing and growing people.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale. You think ahead and build for the future.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your engineers.
- Preferably, you have solid experience from working in an agile environment
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair. Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer flexible hours, a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, paid parental leave and generous a holiday allowance. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.