Software Engineering Manager
Our Engineering Managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests. They typically work alongside the engineers to provide general technical direction and oversight. As managers, our job is to help keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Your primary responsibility is to the people on your teams: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work on improvements that span across the multi-disciplinary product & technology organisation.
What you'll do
- Mentor, coach and guide the professional, technical and personal development of a group of 10+ engineers.
- Foster teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognise the individual strengths and contributions
- Work with the engineers to advocate and advance modern software development practices in the teams you work directly with as well as across MOO.
- Enable tech leads through coaching, and partner effectively with product, UX design and agile delivery to ensure appropriate balance of technical priorities. Help teams focus on delivering solutions, built the right way, and to bring delight to our customers.
- Help teams to maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact products and shipping things quickly.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the code, architecture and processes.
- Work closely with the talent team to attract, hire, onboard and retain high potential team members from diverse backgrounds.
- You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring 6+ engineers and delivering working software.
- You love developing and growing people.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale. You think ahead and build for the future.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your engineers.
- Preferably, you have solid experience from working in an agile environment
MOO is a multi-award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all.
We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and a fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.