HP Indigo Press Operator
Operations – Manufacturing Operations
Perm - Full-time
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
MOO has multiple openings for Press Operators in our Lincoln, RI location to manage workflow for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift.
Someone who can manage break fix and scheduled maintenance for the Series 3 HP Indigo Printer. This is a full time opportunity for a suitable candidate. MOO is looking for someone who is interested in helping grow our print business and have some fun along the way.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the print process, including: Production, Quality & Maintenance by checking printed sheets for correct back up, good registration and any marks appearing on sheets and taking the relevant steps to eradicate any quality issues.
- Manage workflow effectively to ensure delivery deadlines are met at all times.
- Create batch tags and daily run list. Isolate and produce Uber rush as soon as it’s available on print server.
- Carry out all break fix and schedule all routine maintenance with press team.
- Communicate effectively with department supervisors, tech support and other associates;
- Follow established process to ensure that products are produced and shipped to quality standards within promised times;
- Make sure the pressroom and paper room are kept in good order. Responsible for cleanliness of area, including disposing of paper wrappings into bins provided, neat disposal of empty ink cans, chemicals and consumable packaging and sweeping the floor regularly.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of consumables. Use the online ordering system to replenish supplies.
- To undertake basic DTP tasks including interrogation and manipulation of files
- Work closely with all members of the team to ensure a steady production flow happens in order to optimise production;
- Maintain safety and OSHA standards;
- Timely execution of assigned tasks to ensure we are running at optimum output.
- Use all available communication tools provided including Bamboo, email, slack and Print OS
- Working knowledge of 7 color emulation and using PMS colors on the 7900’s
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Excellent attention to detail and quality; Quality is Key at MOO.
- Someone that wants to work with a team of pressman that work hard and have a wealth of ideas.
- Must have completed Level 1, preferred Level 3 training on the Series 3 Indigo’s through HP Training Course.
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Conscientious, reliable and punctual;
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, E-Mail);
- Must have hard work ethic with a keen ability to learn quickly;
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team leader;
- Ability to multitask and set priorities;
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work overtime when needed with little notice.
What’s it like to work at MOO? MOO’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make your home life fulfilling too).
That’s why we offer 23 days’ PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, paid parental leave and we’ll cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. We’ll also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We work hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.