Technical Product Owner
Technology – Technical Product Management
Software engineering is at the heart of what we do here at MOO - our agile engineering teams build and support a set of various applications and services that combined create our unique user experience on the MOO website, enable our internal teams to work in the most productive and efficient ways and enable a whole range of print capabilities via modern APIs.
The quality and maintainability of our software is very important for us, we are looking for Technical Product Owners with real world experience, especially in terms of the whole development lifecycle. You will lead the roadmap and metrics for the product and ensure that the team are delivering the highest value work to improve its health and capabilities. We want you to share your opinions on how we are doing things - and help us get better!
This particular role is for Technical Product Owner on the Render team at MOO. This team provides the core services behind our design experiences on MOO.com. The team’s APIs and services range from design generation, data merging and fast design visualisation to rendering high-quality artwork to be injected into our print pipelines.
What you'll do
- Develop a keen understanding of our customer needs and the technical architecture of the platforms
- Identify and track key system metrics to ensure that your product meets critical service levels
- Own and guide the improvement of technical capabilities, by improving your product and also working practices across the organisation
- Take a collaborative approach to working with peers across multiple teams
- Handle multiple competing requests and make value based decisions on the overall priorities for the platform
- Engaging the whole team in forming the roadmap, developing the backlog and taking an inclusive approach to product
- Influence leadership and peers and guide strategic decision-making that is sympathetic to both the needs of the customer and technical constraints
- A track record of successful delivery in a technical role
- Experience of creating a clear and compelling vision for teams
- Ability to write epics and stories with clear scope define the problem and the value proposition, rather than how to implement a specific solution
- Enthusiasm for delivering in iterative, incremental chunks
- An understanding of and appreciation for the Product Owner role in a multi-functional agile team
- A demonstrable understanding of how composable APIs produce significantly more value than their individual parts.
- The ability to translate complex technical capabilities and constraints into plain english and balance the needs of multiple teams that depend on your team & product
- A love of working in a collaborative agile team and knowledge of a range of agile approaches
- The skills to engage and inspire your team to deliver a roadmap that helps us grow
MOO is a multi-award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all.
We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and a fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.