IT Support Engineer
Technology – Engineering
Perm - Full-time
MOO’s IT team is a small and friendly group that provides support and flexibility for the technology that runs our business and empowers our employees. We’re an international team, operating out of six offices in the UK and the US. While we may not work closely together geographically, we’re close-knit and value consistency across MOO’s offices. We’re reasonable and pragmatic, and care about doing the right thing.
As a Support Engineer ll, you will be the primary point of contact to all of MOO's internal customers. You have a passion for technology and are enthusiastic about taking the initiative to deliver outstanding customer support. You will use your tech-savvy nature to analyze and troubleshoot network systems and software and provide ongoing educating to the team on how to solve similar problems in the future.
- Addressing tickets regarding hardware, software, networking and system
- Asking targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guiding users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Testing alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Recording technical issues and solutions in logs
- Helping create technical documentation and manuals
- Good understanding of AV technologies and experience of their administration
- Ability to learn new skills quickly - for example, supporting new applications
- Reporting updates that need attention by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
- The person we appoint to this role will be enthusiastic, imaginative, optimistic and keen to work as part of a team. To be considered for the role, you’ll need to show that:
- You have an understanding that when it comes to a service desk, our employees are our customers. Providing world class customer service to our employees empowers them to spend their time getting things done.
- You’re good at handling multiple competing requests and making value-based decisions on the overall priorities.
- You’re resourceful. People come to you with problems others cannot solve because you have a knack for figuring out a way.
- You appear to be well versed in everything for you can quickly get yourself up to speed on new topics.
- You’re confident and self-sufficient in undertaking work assignments with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- You’re an excellent verbal and written communicator who is highly organized.
- You’re familiar with MacOS and Windows 7 - 10.
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
Experience with any of the following areas is a plus:
- Linux/Unix based systems.
- Previous experience in support- at least 2 years working in an IT Support role.
- You’ve got experience with the services & tools MOO depends on every day -- Google Apps, JIRA, Confluence, BambooHR.
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 23 days’ PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, paid parental leave and we’ll cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. We’ll also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.