Full Stack Engineer
Technology & Product – Software Engineering /
Perm - Full-time
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 300 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO.
We’re making new and exciting things – and we could really do with your help.
The job of the Browse crew is to help MOO to inspire customers. We ensure there is an amazing customer experience they can use to find & choose products and services that help them look their best.
We also provide teams across MOO with tools and data to optimise the customer experience and quickly respond to new opportunities.
MOO is seeking a full stack engineer with experience of content management systems. You will help take the MOO website to the next level ready for 2021. We will make it faster, more usable, more accessible and more appealing, and deliver a selection of new features to support new product launches.
The ideal applicant is an engineer who cares about the details, tries to imagine better solutions and is motivated to go the extra mile to deliver delight. They are also a pragmatic problem solver who is open to collaboration.
Someone excited by the opportunity to learn from, and work with a small team of talented engineers.
The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Team Lead (Browse) and work closely with a small team of engineers.
- Deliver website enhancements for users with a variety of disabilities, helping MOO to provide a first class experience for everyone.
- Understand and learn from front-end performance metrics including sources such as Lighthouse, CrUX report, HTTP Access Logs, developer tooling and accessibility audit reports.
- Keep all of our code in great shape so that it is legible to people less experienced than you and is easy to change when needed.
- Contribute to server side components written in Java on our Magnolia platform.
- Contribute to our deployment processes, pipelines and infrastructure.
- The person we appoint to this role will be a self sufficient engineer able to solve technical problems alongside their teammates.
- Solid skills for delivery of front-end features.
- Experience coding server side logic for a CMS.
- You’ll appreciate the use cases for a CMS in an eCommerce business.
- You have an appreciation for good design & User Experience
- You are keen to understand what is going on under the hood and how this impacts the user experience.
- Able to acclimate to the professional standards of the team including coding styles, testing strategies, separation of concerns and maintainability.
- Willing to embrace remote work using Zoom and Slack for the foreseeable future.
Nice to haves
- Experience with SASS or another CSS templating technology
- Experience of Java or other JVM languages such as Groovy
- Experience working in an ecommerce or B2B environment
- Experience with Kubernetes, observability tooling, Docker
- Have an appreciation/understanding of product strategy.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.