Senior Product Manager
Technology – Data Engineering
Perm - Full-time
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
Like any growing organization, data is becoming more and more important in every decision we make here at MOO. We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Data Engineering Crew who are responsible for designing, building and maintaining our data platform using cutting edge technologies. A critical part of this role is to engage with stakeholder frequently, gather and understand requirements, deliver on the short term to meet business goals, all while building out the longer term product vision.
You will be based in Boston alongside your primary customers, whilst the Crew is based in London. You will work alongside an Engineering Manager and Agile Coach to figure out new and innovative ways of working to ensure distance and timezones do not hamper team spirit. We get that nothing can beat face to face time with the team and some travel to London should be expected. Ideally, you will have worked in this type of set up before and have the experience to share how to make it work.
We are seeking a seasoned Product Manager who has building a data platform and embedding its use in a business to enable data led decision making. In addition, you should be used to working with senior stakeholders and a globally dispersed team.
You should have a strong technical background rooted in Business Intelligence or Data Analytics paired with a deep understanding of how internal customers such as BI, Marketing and Sales will consume the services to be successful for this role.
- Shape the product roadmap for Data Engineering for both the existing Data Warehouse and new Data Lake, paying particular attention to the needs of our different customers and strategically aligning product initiatives with wider business objectives.
- Inspire a multidisciplinary Engineering team based in London to deliver great work with a mission and vision that everyone buys in to. As MOO grows and evolves you will play a key part in defining how Data Engineering adapts as well.
- Own the backlog, clearly articulating and agreeing on the user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritizing based on value, whilst striking a balance between short term value and longer-term strategy
- Define the product vision and strategy, working alongside internal users to champion the capabilities and imagine a better future. Keep your stakeholders informed on progress and aware of any prioritization decision you might have to make
- Know your customers and their problems. Truly understand your users and their wants, needs and pain points by partnering with our in-house user research, design and customer service partners to lead an outcome-driven approach to product development.
- Working alongside engineers, keep abreast of new technological developments that could enhance or revolutionize your products and user experience. Define and monitor KPIs and prove the incremental value of work delivered by the team.
- Contribute to the Product Chapter to share your knowledge, learn from others and help us continually improve as a wider Product team.
- You LOVE product. You love taking things apart, putting them back together, discovering problems and debating features. You are intrigued by juicy product problems in search of elegant, simple solutions. You love to learn and are quick to recognize failures and pivot the product based on learnings.
- You’re technically strong. You have a track record of successful delivery in and are able to discuss and translate complex technical capabilities and constraints and turn them into plain English, understanding both customers needs and the technical architecture of the platforms.
- You love building and strategising. Your perfect week might include a user story mapping session; deep diving for insights in your data; discussing with stakeholders the perfect balance of optimization and innovation; reviewing and signing off stories and celebrating wins with cake!
- You can joust with the best of them. Data Engineering is detailed and complex. You understand data, converse with engineers on the limitations of approaches and can spot a bad smell from a mile away.
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 23 days’ PTO plus Federal holidays, a 401(k) match, MOO stock option program, paid parental leave and we’ll cover 100% of your health, dental and vision care premiums. We’ll also cover you with life insurance and long-term disability insurance, and we offer a wellness program too. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.