French Transcreator / Translator - (FTC 12 months)
Marketing – CRM
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content, working to transcreate our tone, voice and style guidelines and bring that to life across all channels. You’ll work across the many departments to support with localising and transcreating content for the MOO website.
We’re looking for an exceptional French-speaking transcreator who really ‘gets’ our distinctive tone of voice to join Marketing team assisting in MOO’s growth. The right person will be a dynamic individual to take ownership, take pride in their work, and enjoys working cross functionally with internal stakeholders. You will be required to create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe MOO products on our site, blog & social content, customer emails and much more…
You’ll have a dynamic and creative opportunity in a fast-paced, fast-growing, coffee-and-cake powered company, in a rapidly changing industry.
We need a leader in their field who can raise our standards of our French copy across site, channels, offline and online. Ideally, you’ll have built up your experience in a similar role and are looking for the opportunity to move into leadership.
- You’ll be translating product descriptions from English into French
- You’ll be transcreating content for the French website
- You’ll be transcreating long and short copy to create successful collateral for ad campaigns
- Developing creative, witty copy, in keeping with our distinctive brand voice, while at the same time considering your audience and addressing their needs.
- Producing transcreations that are optimised for search and user experience for all channels (e.g. websites, online advertising, email, mobile and video).
- You’ll take part in a site audit, tracking and correcting defects of product descriptions and other localised content
- Assist our Marketing teams for our French Social Pages
- Work cross functionally to approve and influence our French Marketing communications
- Fluency in French (native level) and English
- Desirable to have experience working in online ecommerce within an in-house environment
- You have a good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- You have the ability to work independently
- Your portfolio is diverse – translating for both B2B and B2C
- Naturally creative – you understand brand and tone of voice with the ability to transcreate for your audience
- Everyone’s best friend – you’ll have to work closely with many different channels within the business
- You won’t turn your nose up at small tasks – not every brief is a shining star
- You feel comfortable editing content directly on site
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed deadlines
- Desirable to have knowledge in digital marketing e.g. PPC.
Nice to haves
- Content Management System experience
- Additional languages a plus
- Project Management experience
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer flexible hours, a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, paid parental leave and generous a holiday allowance. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme.
Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.