Software Engineer (Front End)
Technology – Engineering
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
Software engineering is at the heart of what we do here at MOO - our agile engineering teams build and support a set of various applications and services that combined create our unique user experience on the MOO website, enable our internal teams to work in the most productive and efficient ways and enable a whole range of print capabilities via modern APIs.
The quality and maintainability of our software is very important for us, we are looking for engineers with real world experience, especially in terms of the whole development lifecycle. You will help us design and implement great user experiences and applications and, together with your team, you will support them in production. We want you to share your opinions on how we are doing things - and help us get better!
As a Front End Software Engineer, you’ll be embedded into one of our cross-functional product teams to work on a wide variety of creative technical solutions. Depending on the team profile you may be working on user facing applications, our CMS components or internal tools.
- Being part of a multidisciplinary team working in an agile environment
- Building components and user interfaces for our customer-facing applications
- Writing automated tests at unit, integration and functional level
- Supporting other engineers, via pair programming, code walkthroughs and reviews
- Maintaining the high standards of the team. This could be process based (e.g. design sessions), or following methodologies such as TDD and functional testing
- Actively identifying and eliminating technical debt
- Providing recommendations for continuous improvement, including tools and technologies
- Quality, performance and security of the MOO platform
- Beyond your team, sharing your expertise to improve MOO's overall effectiveness
- Ability to comfortably use Git or other source control technologies
- Strong opinions, loosely held on tools, technologies and methodologies
- A strong interest in technology and a desire for writing elegant code
- Keen to learn new technologies and tools
Nice to Have
- Some experience in PHP
- Some experience of Python or Java development
- Some experience working with RESTful services
- An understanding of performance testing and diagnostics
- E-commerce domain experience
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as
Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO? MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer flexible hours, a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, paid parental leave and generous a holiday allowance. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.