Software Engineer (Front End)
Technology – Engineering
Software engineering is at the heart of what we do here at MOO - our agile engineering teams build and support a set of various applications and services that combined create our unique user experience on the MOO website, enable our internal teams to work in the most productive and efficient ways and enable a whole range of print capabilities via modern APIs.
The quality and maintainability of our software is very important for us, we are looking for engineers with real world experience, especially in terms of the whole development lifecycle. You will help us design and implement great user experiences and applications and, together with your team, you will support them in production. We want you to share your opinions on how we are doing things - and help us get better!
As a Front End Software Engineer, you’ll be embedded into one of our cross-functional product teams to work on a wide variety of creative technical solutions. Depending on the team profile you may be working on user facing applications, our CMS components or internal tools.
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary, agile product team
- Building components and user interfaces for our customer facing applications
- Quality, performance and security of the MOO platform
- Writing automated tests at unit, integration and functional level
- Supporting other engineers, via pair programming, code walk-throughs and reviews
- Maintaining the high standards of the team. This could be process based (e.g. design sessions), or following methodologies such as TDD and functional testing
- Actively identifying and eliminating technical debt
- Providing recommendations for continuous improvement, including tools and technologies
- Beyond your team, sharing your expertise to improve MOO's overall effectiveness
- Some experience of Python or Java development
- Strong opinions, loosely held on tools, technologies and methodologies
- Ability to comfortably use Git and common workflows
- A strong interest in technology and a desire for writing elegant code
- Keen to learn new technologies and tools
- Driven to see your team succeed
Nice to Have
- Experience with the following front end technologies: React, Redux, ES6/ES2015, Webpack and SCSS
- Experience working with RESTful services
- Experience using Domain Driven Design
- Experience working within a microservice architecture
- An understanding of performance testing and diagnostics
- E-commerce domain experience
- Active involvement in an open source project
MOO is a multi-award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all. We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and a fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.