Senior Software Engineer - Money
Technology – Engineering
Perm - Full-time
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
Software engineering is at the heart of what we do here at MOO - our agile engineering teams build and support a set of various applications and services that combined create our unique user experience on the MOO website, enable our internal teams to work in the most productive and efficient ways and enable a whole range of print capabilities via modern APIs.
We also have quite a lot of technical challenges here so we need more people with experience on refactoring or rebuilding old systems and making them ready for the unpredictable future. The end goal is to deliver a high priority, customer facing project which is part of our new microservice-based architecture. We need a technically competent person who can also stand up for the team and hold their own in discussions with other areas of the business and is a champion for development best practices, encouraging them, and setting them up where they are not already in place.
You will be part of the team managing the whole checkout flow & the integration of payment services on MOO.com along with a number of internal services including account, emails, shipping and referrals. You will work with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Agile Delivery Coach, Product Owner, Engineering Manager & UX Designers) to establish a technical vision for the team and work with all parties to make it a reality. Together with the team, you will have ownership of the services, supporting them in production.
- Designing and implementing software in Java (Spring experience)
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary, agile product team
- Writing automated tests at appropriate levels of the testing pyramid
- Mentoring and supporting other engineers, pair programming as needed
- Driving continuous improvement of engineering practices
- Reliably and sustainably delivering business value
- Supporting services owned by the team in production
- Extensive experience with designing and implementing software in Java
- Experience with building REST APIs
- Understanding of the Microservices Architecture
- The skill of giving constructive feedback in code reviews as well as openness to feedback offered by others
Nice to haves
- Experience with Contract Testing (we use PACT)
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Experience with containers and building systems (Kubernetes, Docker)
MOO is a multi-award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all. We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and a fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team