Junior Frontend Engineer
Technology – Engineering
Perm - Full-time
Junior Frontend Engineer
Welcome to MOO. Our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. We are award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people.
Everything we do at MOO is grounded in the needs, wants and behaviours of our customers.
They inspire us and tell us when we're on the right track, and when we're not. We experiment, we make big and small changes, and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact & delight customers daily.
Want to join one of our amazing teams?
We are looking for a junior Software Engineer to join our in-house Create and Upload development team which sits at the heart of the MOO experience allowing our customers to design and upload their bespoke print products.
We love to collaborate on solutions using pair programming and peer review in a safe environment where it’s ok to take risks and learn from failure. We actively encourage knowledge sharing, learning, mentoring, and regular bug bash Fridays. We are agile to the core and use both Scrum and Kanban.
You will be naturally curious about technology, passionate about writing clean, reliable and tested code. We don’t mind if you haven’t used all of our technologies before but it would be great if you have an interest in them - we’ll teach you the rest!
As a Software Engineer at MOO you will:
- Build, test and deploy React applications as part of a multi-disciplinary product team
- Fully test your applications using unit, integration and functional level testing
- Contribute to your team via pair programming, code reviews and team demos
- Leverage best practices in testing, continuous integration and delivery
- Participate in identifying and eliminating technical debt
- Collaborate with other engineers, across teams, on a variety of projects
- Continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- You have some experience in software engineering, with modern front-end technologies
- You are passionate about software best practices and are eager to learn more
- You have a desire to work with a variety of new technologies including React, ES6, Flow, Redux, CSS3
- You have a keen attention to detail
- You enjoy building world class user experiences
What you get in return
MOO is a multi award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all. We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is almost 600 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design-centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension,
paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.