Data Analyst (Tableau Administrator)
Technology – Data Engineering
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
We are seeking a skilled and passionate data analyst to join MOO’s Data Warehouse team. In this role, you will promote best practices in data provision and analysis as we present data gathered by our engineers to the wider business.
You will be part of a highly collaborative data engineering team with diverse specialties and broad responsibilities across the business. Together, we will work to make our business more self-aware. This role is based in our London office and reports to the Data Warehouse Manager.
- Provide input to Tableau application design regarding production tuning and administration requirements.
- Design and optimize Data Connections, Data Extracts, Schedules for regularly refreshed dashboard reports on Tableau Server.
- Design the architecture of Tableau security
- Setup and configuration of Tableau server using CMD and admin tools.
- Gather functional and non-functional client requirements in order to optimize the design of reporting deliverables e.g. dashboards and reports.
- Quality, performance and security of the data held in all our reporting systems
- Working with both our TPO & BI to identify and publish data to our users
- Supporting BI via pair programming, SQL walkthroughs and user training
- Sharing your expertise beyond our team to improve MOO's effectiveness
- Providing recommendations for continuous improvement
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary, agile product team
- Maintaining the high standards of the team
- Experienced in Tableau and other analytical tools
- Proven knowledge and application of SQL
- Comfortable with the migration from using Excel for analysis
- An intensely curious interest in data
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Keen to try new technologies and tools and not afraid to fail
- Have a methodical approach to root cause analysis
- Driven to see your team succeed
Nice to Haves
- Active involvement in Tableau Public or other open source project
- Experience of using and optimising Spotfire, Looker and Qlikview
- Experience of Python development
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make your home life fulfilling too).
That’s why we offer flexible hours, a matched pension scheme, paid parental leave and generous a holiday allowance. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.