Software Engineer - Java
Technology – Engineering
Perm - Full-time
Software Engineer II - Print Ops
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. Want to join one of our amazing teams?
Our technology team is growing and we are looking for a Software Engineer to join the business critical PrintOps tribe who can help us with the complex challenges we face within Print Operations.
Print Ops is the smallest of our tribes but one of the most important. It is responsible for building the technology that ensures that all of the orders placed on our website are manufactured and fulfilled to the highest quality and in the quickest time. Without our Print Ops Tribe - there would be no MOO.
You will work on a range of technical challenges such as working to decouple from our existing monolith as we more towards an AWS hosted microservice architecture, product expansion and scalability and discovery work for new products and features.
As a Software Engineer at MOO you will:
- Enhance your skills as a Java Engineer while delivering towards a modern and scalable platform
- Design, build and maintain microservices for our PrintOps Tribe
- Learn all about API’s and put that into knowledge into practice
- Get your hands dirty with AWS and Kubernetes
- Write automated tests at unit, integration and functional level
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Help drive optimisation, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Work in cross-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- You will be experienced in Software Engineering using Java
- Monolith > Microservice extraction desirable
- You will have an understanding of how an API works
- You will have an appreciation for SOLID principles and engineering best practices like TDD
- You will have a passion for technology, will be naturally curious and will want to learn
MOO is a multi award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all. We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design-centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers. MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.