Manager, International Demand and Lead Generation, UK
Marketing – Marketing
MOO is growing fast and the Performance Marketing team is hiring a Manager to help us develop and manage our international demand and lead generation efforts. We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven marketing professional with an interest in optimizing and growing our offline customer acquisition strategy, primarily direct mail, for our international markets.
This role will report directly to the Senior Marketing Manager, North America. Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with a variety of Marketing (Digital, Product, CRM), Operations, Creative, Business Intelligence, and Merchandise teams (in the US and UK). This position is full-time and will be based in either the Boston, MA office or our London, UK corporate headquarters.
- Manage all aspects of MOO’s offline customer acquisition efforts for international markets (e.g. United Kingdom, France, Germany)
- Optimize investment in accordance with key performance metrics (e.g. Response Rate, AOV, Return on Advertising Spend) at the country, region, and global level
- Develop, test, drive, optimize an integrated omnichannel strategy that delivers a highly differentiated customer experience and is in line with market best practices
- Oversee the implementation and execution of the direct mail strategy from pre-campaign budget modeling through to post-campaign analysis
- Establish and manage all 3rd party relationships with preferred vendors to drive production efficiencies
- Work with the Creative Team to develop the appropriate offline creative assets that are consistent with the MOO brand, will drive website traffic, and convert new customers
- Collaborate with the Operations Team to prepare direct mail campaigns, including obtaining price estimates, establishing deadlines, and approving artwork prior to going to press
- Driven, self-starter who is comfortable working remotely
- Strategic thinker who is diligent with details, but maintains focus on the “big picture”
- Passionate about results-oriented marketing with a balance of right brain analytics and left brain creativity
- Action-oriented with an amicable demeanor (People want to work with you because you get things done and they enjoy working with you!)
- Extraordinary multi-tasker who thrives in managing several projects simultaneously
- Love problem solving
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Skilled with interpersonal savvy and dealing with ambiguity
- At least 5 – 8 years professional experience in international marketing (specifically direct mail) with budget development and oversight
- Experience negotiating with third party providers
- Fluency in a second language (e.g. French, German) is an added bonus
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make your home life fulfilling too).
That’s why we offer flexible hours, a matched pension scheme, paid parental leave and generous a holiday allowance. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.