Technology – Operations Engineering
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
Our Platform team focuses on the Infrastructure and applications utilised across our different multi-disciplinary teams, and right now we’re looking for for an Operations Engineer to join this growing team.
Ideally you’ll have hands-on experience of building and maintaining large-scale projects within Technical Operations. You’ll be excited about learning new technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and more. As a keen collaborator you’ll enjoy working with the larger Platform team as well as many different software development teams.
You will work closely with our Engineering, Print Operations, Desktop Support and Services Organisations to manage MOO’s infrastructure, and to help us build up and roll out a PaaS with focus on resilience, performance and efficiency.
- Together with your team you will be responsible for keeping MOO systems up and running 24/7.
- Effectively investigate, resolve and mitigate service-impacting events as part of operations on-call rotation.
- Working with your team to implement and roll-out a Kubernetes PaaS to all software development teams.
- Implementing and improving on a comprehensive monitoring and alerting solution.
- You will actively seek to improve process, tooling, architecture
- Collaborating within the team and the business in a constructive manner to deliver recommendations and solutions to technical problems.
- Experience working in a linux environment
- Experience with DevOps culture and processes
- Experience of a scripting language such as Python
- Experience supporting development teams
- Familiar with a Docker ecosystem
Nice to haves
- University Degree in Computer Science
- A good understanding of agile software development practices.
- Familiarity with Java and/or Python development languages.
- Experience creating build pipelines in a CI tool.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience using Ansible.
- Experience with mid to large scale infrastructure migration projects.
- Previous experience working for an e-commerce business
- Some knowledge of monitoring and alerting technologies
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer flexible hours, a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, paid parental leave and generous a holiday allowance. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.