Technology & Product – Software Engineering
Perm - Full-time
Welcome to MOO. Our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. We are award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people.
Everything we do at MOO is grounded in the needs, wants and behaviours of our customers.
They inspire us. They tell us when we're on the right track, and when we're not. We experiment, we make big and small changes, and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact & delight customers daily.
Want to join one of our amazing teams?
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Create and Upload team. Create and Upload is at the heart of the MOO experience. We provide our customers with the tools to create and upload bespoke print products.
We love to collaborate on solutions in a safe environment where it’s ok to take risks. We use pair programming, test-driven development and peer review. We encourage knowledge sharing, learning and mentoring. We welcome new ideas and points-of-view, and we are agile to the core, using both Scrum and Kanban.
The quality and maintainability of our software is very important for us, we are looking for engineers with real world experience, especially in terms of the whole development lifecycle.
You will help us design and implement tightly focussed APIs, services, user interfaces and together with your team, you will support them in production. We want you to share your opinions on how we are doing things - and help us get better!
As a Software Engineer at MOO you will:
- Build, test and deploy React applications as part of a multi-disciplinary product team
- Fully test your applications using unit, integration, and functional testing
- Contribute to your team via pair programming, code reviews, knowledge sharing and team demos
- Participate in design sessions, follow engineering best practices and the MOO Engineering principles to ensure high standards are maintained
- Leverage best practices in testing, continuous integration and delivery
- Participate in identifying and eliminating technical debt
- Collaborate with other engineers, across teams, on a variety of projects
- Continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- You are an experienced software engineer, with a variety of modern front-end technologies, frameworks, tools under your belt.
- You are passionate about software best practices and are eager to learn and share your knowledge and experience
- You have a keen attention to detail
- You enjoy building world-class user experiences
- You want to be a member of a high-performing team
MOO is a multi award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all. We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is almost 600 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design-centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension,
paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.