Technology & Product – Software Engineering /
Perm - Full-time
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
Want to join one of our amazing teams?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Build team that focuses on design creation and customisation tools. This team is at the heart of the MOO experience. We provide our customers with the tools to create bespoke unique print products.
Software engineering is at the heart of what we do here at MOO - our agile engineering teams build and support various applications and services that combined create our unique user experience on the MOO website, enable our internal teams to work in the most productive and efficient ways and enable a whole range of print capabilities via modern APIs.
The quality and maintainability of our software are very important for us, we are looking for engineers with real-world experience, especially in terms of the whole development lifecycle. You will help us design and implement tightly focussed APIs, services, user interfaces and together with your team, you will support them in production. You will be a creative thinking team player, always striving to ‘imagine it better’ for our customers.
We want you to share your opinions on how we are doing things - and help us get better!
As a Senior Engineer at MOO you will:
- Build, test and deploy Python services as part of a multi-disciplinary product team
- Fully test your services using unit, integration and functional level testing
- Troubleshoot and debug issues across multiple services
- Use “systems thinking” to build new services that take data from a variety of other services
- Contribute to your team via pair programming, code reviews and team demos
- Leverage best practices in testing, continuous integration and delivery.
- Coach and mentor more junior engineers
- Collaborate with other engineers, across teams, on a variety of projects
- Continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- Create and update real-time infographic dashboards showing all aspects of live service performance
- You have several years of experience in software engineering, with Python as your main language (additional experience with PHP would be a nice to have)
- You must have good knowledge of the Flask framework.
- You will have extensive experience working with API driven services
- You are passionate about software best practices and happy to coach more junior engineers
- Ideally you have worked with a variety of new technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, running in AWS
- You have good experience with relational databases and SQL
- You love solving complex problems
- You have a passion for enhancing your personal brand within the technical community
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.