Senior Software Engineer
Technology – Data Engineering
Perm - Full-time
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. Want to join one of our amazing teams?
Like any growing organisation, data is becoming more and more important in everything that we do and every decision we make here at MOO. Our Data Engineers are responsible for designing, building and maintaining our data platform including pipelines, dashboards and our sophisticated data lake.
You will be working on some of the most complex problems that MOO faces, using cutting edge technology including Python for our application development, spark for data management hosted in AWS with Kubernetes for containerisation.
As a Senior Software Engineer at MOO, you will be naturally curious about technology, passionate about writing clean, reliable and tested code and that you maintain. We don’t mind if you haven’t used Data Engineering tools commercially before but it would great if you have an interest in them - we’ll teach you the rest.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to make the move into a more data focussed engineering team. We don’t expect you to have all of the answers but if you have a strong interest in Data and how it can help an organisation grow we will be happy to help you learn all about Data Engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer at MOO you will:
- Design, build and run MOO’s data platform
- Write software as a part of a multi-disciplinary, agile product team (mostly using Python)
- Build large-scale batch and near real-time data solutions with data processing frameworks like Spark and AWS
- Write automated tests at unit, integration and functional level
- Contribute to the team via pair programming, code reviews and team demos
- Share your expertise beyond our team to improve MOO's effectiveness
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in cross-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- Experienced Software Engineer (Any language)
- Some commercial experience with Python (The actual experience of building applications, pipelines or dashboards using Python not just using it as a scripting tool)
- Experience of working with cloud architectures (AWS, GCP)
Nice to Have's:
- Spark (or other Data Management Tool)
- Cloud Architecture oriented to Data
- Some exposure or design to work with Data
- Kubernetes, Docker
MOO is a multi award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all. We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design-centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.