Product Manager, Pixel Crew
Product – Product Management
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the in-house ‘Pixel’ development team. Pixel as a Product sits right in the middle of our eCommerce journey between merchandising and payment and is the place where our customers design and edit their printed products, allowing them to customise templates, design from scratch or upload their own artwork. This means that design, interactions and usability are of critical importance.
Pixel supports many types of user all with varying degrees of design skill, so understanding the needs and challenges of our different users is paramount. It’s important that you’re able to effectively deliver on the short term to meet business goals and move the user experience forward whilst thinking ahead to how we can make our creation experience best in class and support the building out of a long term product vision.
- Shape the product roadmap for Pixel and its supporting products, paying particular attention to the needs of our different customer segments and strategically aligning product initiatives with wider business objectives
- Lead and inspire a full stack, cross functional development team to deliver great work. The co-located crew is made up of engineers, a test engineer, an experience designer and an agile delivery coach.
- Own the backlog, clearly articulating and agreeing the user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritising based on value.
- Shape the product vision and strategy alongside the Head of Product.
- Think about the data. Analyse the impact of increments and features and provide insight on opportunities and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Know your customers and their problems. Truly understand our ‘Enthusiast’ and ‘Business’ customer segments by partnering with our in-house user research, design and customer service partners to lead a hypothesis-driven approach to understanding user needs.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders as well as manage their expectations and identify new opportunities by working across the business. Keep abreast of new technical developments that could enhance or revolutionise the product and customer experience.
- Define and monitor KPIs and prove incremental value of work delivered by the team.
- Contribute to the Product Chapter to share your knowledge, learn from others and help us continually improve as a wider Product team.
- You LOVE product. You love taking things apart, putting them back together, discovering problems and debating features. You are intrigued by juicy product problems in search of elegant, simple solutions. You love to learn and are quick to recognise failures and pivot the product based on learnings. You are a self-starter who is quick to take direction and run with it.
- You love building and strategising. Your perfect week might include a user story mapping session; deep diving for insights in your analytics dashboard; discussing with stakeholders the perfect balance of optimisation and innovation; reviewing and signing off stories and celebrating wins with cake!
- You are customer-centric. Real, actionable customer insights rock your world. You value user research and actively seek out opportunities to understand customer needs for quick wins and as the basis for innovation. You are positive, empathetic and persistently patient.
- You have commercial chops. You speak the language of ecommerce, marketing, conversion and UX best practices and can adapt your communication style depending on your audience. You are driven by KPIs and evidence. You will have 2+ years of leading product teams within high growth environments.
- You can joust with the best of them. Pixel is detailed and complex. You understand data flows, can converse with architects and engineers on the limitations of approaches, talk ‘design debt’ with our Experience Designer, and can spot a bad smell from a mile away.
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make your home life fulfilling too).
That’s why we offer flexible hours, a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, paid parental leave and generous a holiday allowance. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.