Senior Network Engineer
Technology – Technical Operations
Perm - Full-time
Senior Network Engineer
Welcome to MOO. Our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. We are award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people.
Everything we do at MOO is grounded in the needs, wants and behaviours of our customers.
They inspire us and tell us when we're on the right track, and when we're not. We experiment, we make big and small changes, and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact & delight customers daily.
Want to join one of our amazing teams?
MOO’s IT team is a small and friendly group that provides support and flexibility for the technology that runs our business and empowers our employees. We’re an international team, operating out of six offices in the UK and the US. While we may not work closely together geographically, we’re close-knit and value consistency across MOO’s offices. We’re reasonable and pragmatic, and care about doing the right thing. You will need to be able to develop, maintain and optimise the internal network plus securing it keeping production and offices connected at all times.
As a Senior Network Engineer here at Moo, you will have to be a self-starter able to proactively prioritise workloads amongst you and your team. You’ll help lead on technical strategy as well as have a complete understanding of best practices. You have a natural passion for technology, enthusiastic about taking the initiative to deliver outstanding customer support. You’re able to use your tech-savvy nature to analyse and troubleshoot network systems, always happy to share your extensive knowledge and experience with the team on how to solve (and prevent!) similar problems in the future. You’ve also ideally had experience working with offices in multiple locations and time zones, supporting globally distributed cloud infrastructure.
This role will initially be around 50% network support and 50% project work, though will obviously change depending on workflow and business needs.
As a Senior Network Engineer at MOO you will:
- Design and implementation of new solutions, improving resilience of the current environment and documentation while enforcing system standards and policies; defining and monitoring access
- You’ll have a commercial understanding and experience of the following technologies: Layer 2 switching; Spanning-tree, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, IPS, IDS, OSPF, BGP, ADVPN, IPsec, Policy routing and firewall security principles
- Knowledge of Juniper and Cisco hardware - EX Series Switches, SRX NGFWs, Cisco FMC, FTD, ASA
- Documentation is key - High and Low Level Designs
- Act as our final escalation point and therefore responsible for new network operation
- Maximising network performance by helping troubleshoot network issues, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with other teams on network optimisation.
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- Support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding of issues support of on-site engineers and end users/customers
- Liaising with Project Managers, Support Engineers, and Management on a regular basis
- Cloud experience with AWS
- You’re enthusiastic, imaginative, optimistic and keen to work as part of a team.
- You’re good at handling multiple competing requests and making value-based decisions on the overall priorities.
- You’re resourceful! People come to you with problems others cannot solve because you have a knack for figuring out a way. You appear to be well versed in everything, able to quickly get yourself up to speed on new topics.
- You’re confident and self-sufficient in undertaking work assignments with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- You’re an excellent verbal and written communicator who is highly organized.
- You’re familiar with the configuration of routing and switching equipmentGood interpersonal and customer care skills
What you get in return
MOO is a multi award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all. We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is almost 600 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design-centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension,
paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.