Operations – Non Variable Ops
MOO has an opening for a Maintenance Engineer. This is a full time opportunity for suitable candidates. The position involves the maintenance of all manufacturing machinery in the Dagenham facility but will also include some UK and International travel to help set up processes in our current and future facilities.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on all finishing and printing equipment and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling and replacing parts.
- Is responsible for creating all purchase order requests and ordering of all replacement parts.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or trainings; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Is able to work overtime when need to repair equipment.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Excellent attention to detail and quality;
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Conscientious, reliable and punctual;
- Must be able to communicate with co-workers in a professional manner.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, E-Mail);
- Must have hard work ethic with a keen ability to learn quickly;
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- There is a 3 Month Probation Period for all employees
MOO is an award-winning online print business. We are passionate about great design and the difference it can make to our customers and the world. Founded in 2004, MOO aims to disrupt the $640 billion global print industry by combining the values of professional design with the accessibility and reach of the web: making great design available to all.
By applying Web 2.0 principles to a 500 year-old market, MOO has leveraged modern design, technical innovation and social media to achieve rapid annual growth and a global reach since launch. With a product range spanning business cards, greetings cards, stickers, post cards and accessories, today MOO prints millions of cards a month and has served hundreds of thousands of customers in over 200 countries.
MOO has also become a much-loved brand, with a 75% Net Promoter rating. The Company has won 3 Webby awards (the web's Oscars), has been profiled in the Financial Times, and was ranked in the top 10 UK start-up companies by the Guardian Newspaper.
MOO currently employs 300+ full-time staff and has offices in London, UK, Boston and Rhode Island, USA. MOO has raised over $5m in venture capital from the Accelerator Group, Index Ventures and Atlas Venture, the investors behind Skype, Betfair, Lovefilm, Last.fm and MySQL.
We’re a friendly team at MOO, passionate about the products we make, and the way we make them. If you've got that passion too and love working in a fun, friendly and hard-working team then apply through our Careerspage.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team.
Location: Dagenham UK
Reports to: UK Operations Manager