Senior Java Engineer - eComm
Technology & Product – Software Engineering /
Perm - Full-time
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
Our technology team is growing and we are looking for a Software Engineer to join the business critical ‘Core Tech’ team. It is responsible for building all customer-facing parts of the digital moo.com experience that ensures that customers get to know our brand/products via our website, can customize them and place an order. In the Buy area (cart, checkout, product, pricing, cross sell, ..) we tackle a fascinating problem domain that impacts user experience and conversion directly.
You will work on a range of technical problems such as implementing a payment service provider, tailoring pricing and product catalogue to MOO’s needs, improve or extract functionality from our existing monolithic application and make our applications run well in a cloud hosted architecture that is scalable.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Ecom/Buy you will:
- Apply your skills as a Java Engineer, and apply or learn skills to make change in the PHP monolithic application if required
- Collaboratively design, build and maintain services and applications
- Constantly seek ways to improve our systems and practices including the people you work with everyday.
- Get your hands dirty with AWS, Kubernetes and other cloud technologies.
- Write automated tests at unit, integration and functional level.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration, delivery and observability.
- Drive optimisation, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Build services that support and improve the user experience.
- You are an engineer with a growth mindset who cares about improving both yourself and your team through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- You care about great customer experience and want to collaborate both with other engineers and our internal users.
- You should have experience moving functionality into services and building cloud-based applications.
- You should have appreciation of the design and implementation of robust APIs.
- You demonstrate a commitment to SOLID standards and engineering concepts like TDD.
- You care about building great things, seeking out and sharing knowledge.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.