Head of Copy
Creative – Brand & Communications
Perm - Full-time
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Copy to join our global creative team in Farringdon. A total pro, you’ll know how to communicate our MOO voice with signature wit and unite our work through storytelling and campaign-led thinking.
This senior role will be looking after a small but growing team in the UK and US (two full-time writers, one freelance). You’ll be passionate about nurturing and developing your team, and you’ll know how to hold your own with senior stakeholders and leadership.
Crucially, we’re looking for someone who not only knows how to deliver the day-to-day work to the highest standard, but also has the vision to push us all to think bigger and better – for our customers, our business (and, yes, our awards shelf).
We’re a creative printer for creative people. Best known for Business Cards, we’ve perfected the craft of premium print in all shapes and sizes. We have a global HQ in London (UK), a US head office in Boston, as well as an office in Providence and Denver.
We care a lot about our brand and customer experience, and the way we communicate as a brand is a big part of that experience. Our voice is one of the things customers love most about us, so we’re extremely selective with writers.
Strategic thinking. Highly conceptual. Confident coming up with big campaigns, writing and overseeing work across the channels, concepting with designers, presenting to senior leadership, mentoring writers and managing stakeholders.
You’ll bring fresh eyes, exciting ideas and an inquisitive approach to each and every brief. Working hand-in-hand with the design team, you’ll be a strong voice for cross-team collaboration, always reinforcing the importance of leading with ideas.
Fun, fast-paced, creative thinking and decidedly uncorporate – the MOO crew is made up of diversely talented and genuinely lovely people. You’ll be part of a strong team of creatives (designers, art directors, writers, photographers, artworkers and studio managers), reporting into our Creative Director and helping to shape the content we create both on and offline.
- Natural writing style: benefit-driven and full of observational humour and insight. (Not corporate, salesy or try-hard.)
- Experience leading teams of writers, mentoring and managing juniors, and being a voice of authority on brand and tone of voice
- Impressive campaign experience: Examples of cross-channel, integrated campaigns, including OOH, online, social, email, video and events
- Extremely conceptual – you don’t just think about the words. Working closely with design, you know how to develop ideas from a visual and copy perspective
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- You know how to go beyond a brief and take people on the journey to get the best possible creative answer
- Excellent plate-spinning skills: It gets busy round here so the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines is a must
- Total self-starter and team player (no egos round here).
- You’re full of ideas and enthusiasm, always looking for an opportunity to add value and think differently.
- You’ll have a diverse mix of B2C/ B2B and lifestyle brands in your portfolio
- Advertising experience (especially digital) in an agency environment
- E-commerce experience with a like brand in an in-house environment
- Fluent in US and UK language to ensure we’re (localising – er, localizing)
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.