Software Engineer II
Technology – Engineering
Software engineering is at the heart of what we do here at MOO - our agile engineering teams build and support a set of various applications and services that combined create our unique user experience on the MOO website, enable our internal teams to work in the most productive and efficient ways and enable a whole range of print capabilities via modern APIs.
The quality and maintainability of our software is very important for us, we are looking for engineers with real world experience, especially in terms of the whole development lifecycle. You will help us design and implement tightly focused APIs, services and user interfaces and, together with your team, you will support them in production. We want you to share your opinions on how we are doing things - and help us get better!
As a Software Engineer II, you’ll be embedded into one of our cross-functional product teams to work on a wide variety of creative technical solutions. Depending on the team profile you may be working on user facing applications, internal tools or processes, or APIs and services implementing our core business logic.
- Designing and implementing software in Java
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary, agile product team
- Writing automated tests at appropriate levels of the testing pyramid
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting other engineers
- Driving continuous improvement of engineering practices
- Reliably and sustainably delivering business value
- Experience designing and implementing software in Java
- An understanding of testing and the test pyramid
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of pipelines and feedback loops
- An understanding of code debugging and diagnostics
- A delivery focused mindset
Nice to haves
- Experience building RESTful APIs and services for multiple consumers
- Experience using Domain Driven Design
- Experience working within a microservice architecture
- An understanding of performance testing and monitoring tools
- E-commerce domain experience
- Experience (re)building and refactoring scalable, testable and maintainable software
MOO is a multi-award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all. We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and a fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team