Java Engineer (Magnolia CMS)
Technology – Engineering
Software engineering is at the heart of what we do here at MOO - our agile engineering teams build and support a set of various applications and services that combined create our unique user experience on the MOO website, enable our internal teams to work in the most productive and efficient ways and enable a whole range of print capabilities via modern APIs.
We are recruiting for an experienced Software Engineer with strong Magnolia CMS experience to join one of our service teams known as Browse. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining the APIs and frameworks (including Magnolia CMS) that support the customer journey through our website.
The quality and maintainability of our software is very important for us, we are looking for engineers with real world experience, especially in terms of the whole development lifecycle.
As an experienced Software Engineer in Browse you will help us improve the state of SEO by being involved in one or more of the following:
- Fulfilling requests for website improvements from the SEO team.
- Designing and implement tightly focused APIs, services and user interfaces.
- Ownership of the full life-cycle of the systems.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary, agile product team.
- Writing automated tests at appropriate levels of the testing pyramid
- Strong Magnolia CMS development experience
- Experience in Agile environments.
- Experience with REST APIs and Microservices.
- Experience bringing systems through their full life-cycle (from inception to production).
- Experience/desire to be proactive, positive and to be an advocate for quality.
Nice to haves
- Experience with web technologies CSS, PHP, etc
- Experience with SEO
- Good working knowledge of container-orchestration (Kubernetes) and familiarity with how microservices based environments work
MOO is a multi-award-winning technology, design & print company. We’re passionate about making great design accessible to all. We pride ourselves on providing amazing quality print products and a fantastic customer experience for everyone, everywhere.
Founded in 2006, we’ve grown a lot since then and the total team is well above 400 people in 6 locations across UK & US. Our multi-disciplinary product teams work together in our beautiful design centric offices in Farringdon, London.
Along with the encouragement to really “be yourself at work”, great roles and opportunities to grow in your specialism & career, we offer comprehensive benefits including matched pension, paid parental leave, 25 days holiday rising to 30 through tenure, private healthcare insurance, life insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and an ice cream fridge stocked with at least 4 flavours of Magnum and more cake than you’ve ever seen.
Diverse teams build better products
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds will consistently lead to a better workplace for our MOOsters (employees) and a better product for our customers.
MOO does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. We are actively working to create a diverse & inclusive team