Director of North America Sales (People Leader)
Sales, Service & Design Support – Sales
Perm - Full-time
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
This is a very unique opportunity, as this individual will have the opportunity to help build the North American team with an emphasis on team building, coaching and mentoring. We are looking for someone to join us and help us grow. At MOO we focus on people oriented leaders who can mentor, coach and lead our leaders to the next level of success. You must have a strong desire to invest in people management as this is a crucial part of the role.
As MOO Business Services continues to grow and we are now in need of a strong sales leader to take the US teams to the next level. The role will be part of the MOO leadership team and will be responsible for a team of approximately 70-90 people. The role will be to help mentor, coach and motivate the sales teams to continue to grow 40% YoY.
We need a strong sales leader that understands the nuances of leading a large sales organization. We are looking for a someone who has scaled sales teams before. Someone who is metric driven and who knows and understands the mind of a sales person. We want someone who is human, who’s natural style is very personable but who is also able to handle challenging issues. The ideal candidate will also fully grasp the difference between the art and the science of sales.
- The Director of Sales is responsible for NA (approximately $40M) and will oversee both the Denver and Providence Sales Teams. You will be the face of NA Sales to the MOO organization and will inspire the US to continue to grow at scalable levels while ensuring the day to day in each region is being run properly. This role will require 40 % travel.
- Team Building:You will be responsible for managing, inspiring and coaching the Heads of region as well as 70-90 sales people. As a growing company we hope that all individuals will contribute to the future growth and acceleration of our business. What are your ideas to help us continue to grow at a very rapid pace over the next year?
- Strategy: Work with the VP of Sales to develop and implement current and new sales plans to target over achievement
- Execution: Work with Account Managers, Account Executives and Heads of regions to execute sales plans that align with the team’s 2019 target ensuring the delivery of programs in each region as well as continued growth.
- Communication: Internal communication with the team will be a crucial responsibility of this role to ensure the team is clear on its goals and strategic plans to drive revenue. External communication will include maintaining and elevating our standards of superior customer service.
- Reporting: Providing status updates to the VP of Sales weekly and providing insight on performance in the regions.
- Troubleshooting: When problems arise, it will be necessary to perform troubleshoot and provide creative solutions. Also, it will be part of your responsibility to document best practices so if the same issue arises in the future the team is better prepared to handle it.
- Participate in the commission committee: You will responsible to deliver commission and production reports as well as up to date narrative on each region.
- We are looking for a dynamic sales leader who is passionate, motivated and driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. You are resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed to your team.
- Passion for developing our next level of leadershipA mentor and coach – we have a bright and ambitious sales organization and a key to success in the role will be developing them as we grow.
- An established sales leader with a track record of leading and growing sales teams in multiple locations.
- Growth mindset, and at the forefront of initiating and leading change, seeking to continually evolve and learn how we can be better
- Comfortable shifting between hands on and strategic
- You are a self-aware leader willing to earn the trust of your team and lead by example.
- Proactive and solution focusedAbility to leverage date to determine decisions related to strategy, territory optimization, process improvement, sales incentive and product needs.
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment ideal, printing background is a plus
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make your home life fulfilling too).
That’s why we offer flexible hours, a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, paid parental leave and generous a holiday allowance. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.