Technology – Architecture
Senior Software Architect
MOO is looking for a Senior Software Architect with the ability to guide high level decisions that define the direction for our technology architecture. As a senior software architect you will have an excellent technical background, display pragmatism and possess excellent interpersonal skills. You will perform a key technical leadership role in a large and growing technology department on its way to the next stage of platform maturity.
You will be passionate about helping MOO make the transition to a modern, highly-available and scalable architecture. You understand the balance between architectural perfection and expediency, know what scale looks like and how to run a platform at scale. You should anticipate broad technical change at the company level to ensure MOO stays current in the technical approaches and has the platform it needs to meet its objectives.
You should have the real-world experience to tackle digital transformation, foresee challenges as the business grows and possess the ability to develop a unified vision for complex systems, share and guide the Tech Team through the transformation process.
An experienced architect with high level of expertise in web technologies.Capable of leading engineering teams with coaching and influenceInterested in in web applications and infrastructure securityDriving focus towards architecture through principlesComfortable playing hands off, strategic roleA calming and positive presence always helping your team to see the bigger picture
As a senior software architect, you will:
- Understand the company vision, objectives and provide a strategic technical view of the current and future technical capabilities necessary to achieve them
- Provide technical vision, direction and leadership across a wide spectrum of technologies with specific expertise in cloud native applications, data and integration or infrastructure technologies.
- Evolve our existing architectural principles, enable teams to select suitable technology stacks, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas.
- Engage with agile teams as needed to support implementation according to the architectural principles.
- Provide architectural expertise and mentoring to Product Owners, other Architects and Software Engineers.
- Be part of the Technical Leadership Team and provide a strategic technical perspective to the decision making process
- Continuously improve and promote our standards and methodologies that ensure consistency and high quality software design and implementation.
- Coach product teams to ensure roadmaps are delivered in line with the agreed architectural principles.
- Engage and work with third-parties to guide selection and implementations that adhere to the architectural principles.
- Extensive experience of distributed architectures.
- Knowledge of the following languages: Java, Python, PHP.
- Experience with DevOps culture and processes.
- Experience in delivering complex distributed systems to a cloud production environment.
- Understanding of the advantages and challenges of working within an agile framework
- Experience in digital transformation projects
- Experience communicating with Director level and above
- Some experience or strong interested in leading or managing engineering teams
We’re an online print and design company that is passionate about great design and the difference it can make to our customers and the world.
MOO launched back in 2006 with the aim to disrupt the $640 billion global print industry and make great design available to all by combining professional design with the accessibility and reach of the web.
We’re now 400 strong across 6 offices worldwide. We want to set a new standard for print, with remarkable new products that bring great design and uncompromising, high standards to the web. Whilst many other printers have chosen to use new technologies to simply reduce the costs of printing (and often the quality), we strive to make print not only cost-effective but better than ever before.
Diverse teams build better products:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.