Product Director, Creation Software
Product – Product Management
Welcome to MOO – our purpose is simple: great design for everyone. Want to join us? We’re award-winning, design-led, technology-driven and powered by some pretty awesome people. You might be one of them.
We are looking for a Director of Product, Creation Software, a key area of our product development that is responsible for the experiences and rich web applications that our customers use to design their MOO products. Creation Software covers a wide range of customer types and needs, from integration into Professional designers workflow to Enterprise customers at scale such as AirBnB to DIY entrepreneurs just starting out who want to use our tools to create their brands from scratch.
This role will lead three cross-discipline development teams, focused on the ways that customers create and use their designs at MOO. One focuses on the experience of Professional Designers, one focuses on customers who use Templates (and our online tools) to create their designs, and one brings these together and focuses on the needs of larger organisations (MOO Business Services).
As Director of Product, Creation Software, you’ll be responsible for the commercial and customer performance of these complex rich applications, helping to frame the challenge for the teams who address each of these needs and ensuring that their combined impact is more than the sum of their individual efforts.
This is a unique product leadership role in a truly complex, full service product space that is focused on technical, strategic and people development in a progressive product environment.
- You’ll be working with rich, complex web applications and modern HTML5 frameworks, on tools and experiences which provide deep functionality to customers.
- You’ll be part of product organisation based on autonomous teams with missions, each co-located in London and including full-stack developers, test automation, UX, researchers, agile delivery coaches and product managers.
- You’ll be focused on projects strategically important to MOO’s evolution - including our next moves in creating a best-of-breed solution for Professional Designers and identifying the right strategy for MOO’s customisation experience on mobile.
- Working with a strong team of product managers to generate and align strategy with Tribe roadmap.
- Ensuring cross-functional teams are set up for successful delivery of roadmap items in support of MOO’s ambitious product strategy.
- Driving recruiting and on-boarding of key members of the Creation Software product team.
- Coaching/mentoring 3 product managers, keeping a watchful eye on personal + professional development.
- Experienced in leading teams through developing/delivering on both new and well-established web applications across platforms (e.g. mobile, desktop and tablet).
- Have a demonstrated history of working with KPIs and refining how teams use them for prioritisation and communication.
- Comfortable building relationships with senior leaders across the organisations.
- Pro-active and effective communicator who can influence stakeholders across the organisation.
- Strong advocate of customer voice, and comfortable building products to meet needs of various customer segments.
- You can devise and communicate a clear strategy and ensure it’s implemented effectively.
- Confident with data and evidence-based decision making.
- Comfortable working closely with mature UX and Technology teams and integrated into agile process.
- Knowledge of Jobs-to-be-done framework.
- Demonstrated history of being able to quickly get up to speed with teams, products, organisations.
We set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500-strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make your home life fulfilling too).
That’s why we offer flexible hours, a matched pension scheme, paid parental leave and generous a holiday allowance. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.