Operations Engineer II
Technology & Product – Operations Engineering /
Perm - Full-time
MOO set out to shake up the world of print back in 2006. And we’ve come a long way since. Today we’re a 500 + strong team (we’re thinking of getting matching jackets) who create print and digital products for companies of all sizes – from Google and AirBnB to the guy who makes those amazing prints you found at a craft fair.
Our global HQ is in London, UK, while we also have premises in Dagenham. In the US, you’ll find us in Boston, MA, as well as Providence and Lincoln, RI and Denver, CO. And we’re still growing! That’s where you come in.
Our Platform team focuses on the infrastructure and applications utilised across our different multi-disciplinary teams and right now we’re looking for an Operations Engineer II to join our growing team.
You’ll have hands-on experience of building and maintaining large-scale projects within Technical Operations as well as some commercial experience of working with Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible. We’re firm believers in Infrastructure as Code and we expect you to be too.
As a keen collaborator you’ll enjoy working with the larger Platform team as well as many different Software Engineering teams to manage MOO’s infrastructure & tooling and help us build up and maintain our Kubernetes PaaS with focus on maintainability, resilience, performance and efficiency. You’ll actively seek to improve process, tooling, and architecture of the underlying infrastructure and capabilities to give our customers a great MOO experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Together with your team you will be responsible for keeping MOO systems up and running 24/7
- You’ll be a key person, working with your team, to help implement and roll-out Kubernetes PaaS further, build self-service tooling, improve processes and infrastructure to support other teams across MOO
- You’ll work with your team to define and implement our operations procedures and best practices for our customer-facing systems
- You’ll effectively investigate, resolve and mitigate service-impacting events as part of operations on-call rotation
- We expect you to contribute to the team culture and help us keep things functional, and fun!
- You are a solid Linux user
- You have experience with DevOps culture and processes
- You have commercial experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- You have commercial experience working with Public Cloud such as AWS
- You have commercial experience with provisioning, configuration management and application deployment tooling such as Ansible and Terraform
- You have worked in an Infrastructure as code environment
- You have supported development teams
- You have a good understanding of Agile Software Development practices
Nice to Haves
- Experience of using Test Driven Development practices
- Familiarity with Java and/or Python development languages
- Previous experience working for an e-commerce business
- Knowledge of monitoring and alerting technologies
- Previous experience being on-call out of hours
What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. Finally, we’ll treat you to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.