Senior Data Analyst
Analytics – Analytics /
Our Future of Remote Working:
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 1-4 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
We're looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our team in London, for someone who is in their element driving our strategy with data, analysis and insights for a wide range of purposes
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with great values that we reflect in our work culture. Our customers send 14 million gifts and cards each year to their loved ones. We're committed to making a magical experience for them. Our aim is to become the ultimate companion for personal gifting.
In the Analytics team, we are responsible for driving strategy within the business from data and insights to inform key decisions and drive business growth. Data is at the heart of what we do, and we look to embed data into daily decision making as core drivers of competitive advantage for Moonpig. It's a great time to join the Analytics team. You’ll be working in collaboration with growing teams of analysts, engineers and internal stakeholders on a daily basis. Your work to embed customer-focused insights will drive better business decisions, were more widely, we achieve this through tracking, dashboards, experiments, analytics and data science.
What you’ll be doing
You will be driving Moonpig's strategy with data, analysis and insight for a range of purposes, with a focus on those that span multiple business areas and those that directly inform the senior leadership team.
You’ll work with multiple stakeholder teams effectively, building strategic reports, tests and insight pieces with little additional support. You’ll approach business problems with an analytical mindset and deliver tailored recommendations dependent on the stakeholder.
You’ll confidently communicate insights to stakeholders through logical, easy to understand stories. You’ll juggle tasks effectively and push self-serve where appropriate. You’ll constantly look for feedback on what is and isn't working, highlighting areas of improvement with suggestions to address and to test. You’ll have sound judgement on when to push back with stakeholders, when required.
- Execute end-to-end analytics projects: gather and shape requirements, define success metrics, identify and validate data sources and analysis methods, deliver insight and liaise with stakeholders to ensure the best recommendations are identified and delivered
- Manage multiple deliverables and seamlessly transition among them
- Design and complete data deep dives to investigate areas of interest for strategic focus Assist in the design, development and execution of measurement strategies and frameworks
- Ensure that data sits at the heart of the company objectives: their ideation, shaping, selection and measurement.
- Select and process data for analysis and make recommendations for the data platform.
- Be the main point of contact on analytics and insight requests from the leadership team
- Experience applying statistical analysis techniques and quantitative methods to at least two business settings
- Experience across at least two of the following: testing and optimization, statistics, data visualization, tagging, and reporting
- Strong proficiency with with SQL for data interrogation and transformation, adhering to industry best practices
- Solid understanding of GA, ability to produce dashboards in Tableau (or using a similar visualisation tool) with little support.
- Excellent understanding of commercial KPIs with strong ability in storytelling, providing proactive as well as reactive insight that will stop, start or change a course of action within moonpig.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: demonstrated experience working with and presenting to the senior leadership team.
- Experience working with stakeholders in more than one business function: marketing, finance, commercial, operations and/or product.
Nice to have
- Experience in advanced analytics techniques such as classification, regression, clustering or decision trees.
- Ability to analyse A/B tests and measure incrementality.
- Experience in an ecommerce environment.
- Understanding of agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, Jira, iterative development etc.)
- Knowledge of code control and scheduling tooling (DBT - data build tool, Github, etc.)
Want to hear more?
Take a look at our Moonpig Attraction Deck where you can hear more about our awesome perks and benefits as well as a culture to boot.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value diversity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.