Technology – Tech Foundations /
Our Future of Remote Working:
Here at Moonpig our people come first. As we grow and the world around us changes, we understand that we’ll need to adapt, which means that our ways of working will always remain dynamic. So while we plan to go back to the office in September, we won’t be returning the same way that we left back in March 2020. We’ve mastered the art of remote onboarding and are excited to introduce bespoke remote working options for all employees. And yes that’s exactly what it sounds like – if you want to work from home for 1-4 days a week or prefer a fully remote role, we’ll support what works best for you.
Moonpig Group achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion. We’re now growing the team to work towards an even more ambitious goal of reaching 25 million customers.
To help get us there, we’ll be developing some cool tech innovations. Two projects we’ll bring to life this year include augmented reality/video cards and pre-personalisation; the latter aiming to provide a richer browsing experience for our customers via the automatic translation of customer data into personalised cards and gifts across multiple galleries.
But the magic does not stop there. Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions -- coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
Moonpig is a hidden gem in terms of our culture. Check out our 4.7 rating on Glassdoor as well as info about our tech culture and benefits for a view on how great it is to work here!
We are looking to hire a Principal Engineer on our Tech Foundations team.
Some of the things we are actively doing right now:
- Enhancing our AWS Infrastructure and CI/CD tooling to enable teams to build applications faster and easier.
- Working alongside our product engineering teams to help them solve complicated technical challenges and accelerating our move away from complex application architectures to a truly modern serverless world.
- Enabling better logging, monitoring and alerting capabilities so that we are able to respond quickly to any issues which impact our customers experience.
- Supporting teams with automated performance testing capabilities, allowing us to run continuous performance testing.
- Working to unlock our platform capabilities for all brands in the Group by creating multi-brand technology.
What you can expect:
- To be part of a cross-functional team implementing platform tooling and helping us maximise our up-time.
- To work in an environment that cares about operational concerns.
- To deliver value by jumping feet first into a wide range of problems to be solved. These could be internally facing within our technology organisation or for our external customers.
- To build upon our AWS hosted platform that utilises serverless technologies.
- To be challenged to learn new skills and techniques; the range of problems you’ll be solving means it’s almost impossible not to learn something new.
- To work in a fun and social environment!
Our tech environment:
- AWS, Serverless, Terraform, Node.js, TypeScript, C#, .NET Core, GraphQL, React.
- GitHub for SCM, CI/CD through GitLab pipelines.
- Robust and performant cloud/serverless applications, with a focus on user experience and business growth.
- Full-stack, cross-functional teams owning the whole software development lifecycle from discovery to delivery.
- We don’t expect you to have experience with all of the technologies above. Some of our product teams use .Net Core and others use Node.js/Typescript, so if you have experience in either, along with cloud/serverless experience, please apply!
Want to hear more?
Take a look at our Moonpig Attraction Deck where you can hear more about our awesome perks and benefits as well as a culture to boot.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value diversity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.